Re: making candles - If you had ONE Christmas Wish what would it be?

My one "CANDLEMAKING" Christmas wish would be that I would guess the right size/type wick on my FIRST test burn!!!!

I got that last week! I made a ball candle out of ecosoya PB with English Garden FO from CS and used a zinc wick (size 60 something). It burned very nicely and left a perfect shell that I am sure will be great to stick a tealight in once it's burned all the way. :)

My one Candlemaking Christmas wish would be to finally be able to wick my palm pillars! LOL.

I'd wish that a craft superstore would open up in my area, that has specialty departments with everything you could ever want for candle making and b&b, at the best prices and quality ever heard of, with every wax and fo ever invented, like 5 minutes from me so I could walk in and buy stuff and never pay shipping on anything! I'd also want it to be not well known though. LOL

I'd wish that after health for anyone I know, especially my family, and world peace of course. :D

I'd wish that a craft superstore would open up in my area, that has specialty departments with everything you could ever want for candle making and b&b, at the best prices and quality ever heard of, with every wax and fo ever invented, like 5 minutes from me so I could walk in and buy stuff and never pay shipping on anything! I'd also want it to be not well known though. LOL

I'd wish that after health for anyone I know, especially my family, and world peace of course. :D

Heck, I just wish an online store would open up that had all my supplies in one place. I spend a fortune on the shipping when ordering from my 4 different suppliers.

If you are For His Glory then I'am right there with you. I talk to my wax, fo, wicks, molds, jars, and then just myself. Pepper hears me talking and thinks someone is in here with me and comes running. She just knows she is fixing to get some loving. Customers all love her and just get on floor and play with her most of the time. Pepper = Dog

My Christmas wish would be that I would wake up Christmas Day and my shop would be spanking clean, and everything organized, all the clutter gone, what I don't use and will never use just gone.

If you are For His Glory then I'am right there with you. I talk to my wax, fo, wicks, molds, jars, and then just myself. Pepper hears me talking and thinks someone is in here with me and comes running. She just knows she is fixing to get some loving. Customers all love her and just get on floor and play with her most of the time. Pepper = Dog

LOL! Yeppers, I talk to my pouring pots, my dye, my wicks and myself in the mirror!!!! :D

My daughter bought a cute little dog. She brought it to her shop a few times. It's way too hyper to stay, but when it was there everyone loved it!

The dog in my avatar belongs to one of my sisters. I thought it was cute the way it peaked out from under the curtain. lol

I'd wish that a craft superstore would open up in my area, that has specialty departments with everything you could ever want for candle making and b&b, at the best prices and quality ever heard of, with every wax and fo ever invented, like 5 minutes from me so I could walk in and buy stuff and never pay shipping on anything! I'd also want it to be not well known though. LOL :D

I want that tooo!!!!! And, my own space to work in. I hate using the kitchen! I dream about it all the time! A space with a dipping tank for six different colors, a four burner stove, lots of light to see, plenty of outlets for plugs, cabinets and drawers for my stuff, a hard concrete floor so I won't have to worry about spills, a table, large counters, a television with cable, a sink, a chair and a lock on the door. MMMMMMM my own spaaaace! :drool:

LOL Oh this is going to be fun. I wonder if when I start making candles, I'll wish for the same thing? LOL

I have an area in the basement I've already suggested putting aside for my candle making, but no stove. No biggie though because I'm going to use my daisy crack/fryer. I can heat jars with the heat gun if I have to. Cooler in the basement though. Unfinished. The wood stove keeps it comfortable, but it's still got a little chill. Is that bad? For the candles? LOL