UPS delivered My oils in a....

islandgirl

Budget rental truck!!! LMOA... :laugh2:

I asked the guy where is UPS truck was.. He said.. We ran out!!! :shocked2:

How the heck can UPS run out of trucks!!!

Guess they will raise our shipping prices again to cover the rental costs...LOL

I can't stop laughing at UPS delivering in a Budget Truck!!!

Actually, they've done it for many, many years. My SIL owns a Budget dealership and every December, UPS rents a $hit load of trucks to help with holiday packages. Their delivery volume increases tremendously and they need more drivers/trucks to handle it.

Renting trucks for one month is much more economical that purchasing all those extra trucks and having them sit idle for 11 months out of the year :)

These delivery places make me laugh. DHL came with just a plain beat up old van one time. If it wasnt me recosnized the guy i wouldnt have gave it to him. Then there was the time Fedex ran out of gas in pur parking lot! Course I had someone from fedex come pickup in their pickup truck! What ever works to get the packages delivered!!:wink2:

lol...just last week at work I saw a man in a UPS uniform deliver some stuff to us and he walked out to his Budget Truck. I thought it was so funny too. My co-workers and I were laughing. We thought maybe his UPS truck broke down or something but then we saw him the next day and the day after that with his Budget Truck.

I guess all they can do to keep the packages shipped for holidays. Although it is funny. I think our UPS guy needs some help. I saw him last night after 9 delivering. I have seen DHL (not holidays) out till 7 or 8. They do have long hours at times. Not even duriing the holiday rush or else they are slow.

LynnS

every so often our mailman would come in his personal vehicle instead of the usps jeep, one day I asked him and he said that when the jeeps break down they have to use their own cars... guess it is better than having to use your own car every day like our rural carriers..

I do give my UPS dude a gift bag for Christmas!!! santa cool

I don't ever see my UPS guy - he always delviers when I'm at work (except for Wednesday night, when he delivered at like 7:30pm). I have felt really guilty about it lately, though. I think he's come by the house at least one day every week for the past 2 months.... if not more. :o