change names of a fo that is "type"

wczirr

My question is I recently purchase FO that is called "Pink Sugar Type" it smells really good....But I am curious if anybody else uses this and what new names they might give it??? I think it smells really good but didnt know how a label would look listed as "Pink Sugar Type" (spin off of Pink Sugar Scent) Any ideas?? Or thoughts???

wendi

• 4 years later...

I have never changed the names of types unless I was bored or experimenting. I call Pink Sugar what it is and put the ™ at the end of the name. Then in small print under the scent name, I put Aquolina Type. For a long time, I was known in my area for carrying candles in famous scents, and to change the names would have been detrimental to my sales. My sales of types of fallen off over the last couple of years, but still, why change the name?

I might pick a scent, type or not, and name half of the product one name and the other half another name, just to see which sells best or merely for the fun of it. I'm easily amused that way.

I knocked around the idea, for a long time, of renaming all of my "Types" but what I ended up doing was, as Silver said, I left it alone, and I put " Pink Sugar Type". Sold like crazy. For a good while, it was the number one selling perfume out there, but you couldn't find it in candles and such, so a lot got a kick out of finding an exact dupe, that they could burn. I carry various BBWs, both Pink and Blue Sugar, Drakkar (gag lol ) Cool Water, Goddess, etc and I left them all alone because they sold well with their original name, and the one time I tried to rename Drakkar, it set on the shelf (peg that is ) for three months without a single one selling. I put the original labels back inside and they picked back up...

Rarely do I rename, unless something isn't moving, then its kinda funny to watch how fast it will go just by switching the name.

I have never changed the names of types unless I was bored or experimenting. I call Pink Sugar what it is and put the ™ at the end of the name. Then in small print under the scent name, I put Aquolina Type. For a long time, I was known in my area for carrying candles in famous scents, and to change the names would have been detrimental to my sales. My sales of types of fallen off over the last couple of years, but still, why change the name?

Is that legal under trademark laws?

Is that legal under trademark laws?

There is a very thin, almost translucent line here that could easily get you into legal trouble. Using a trademarked name to help sell something without paying is not legal unless you say something like "Compare to." You may get a cease and desist letter. I know LUSH keeps a close eye on it, and I know a few people who have gotten very, very nasty letters from them.