light box

GrandmaArial

I promised pictures of when I got my lightbox set up. Here it is… finally found a permanent home for it. This is set up on a shelf in the hall in the basement. I need to make some adjustments, get the lights more to the front of the box, but other than that It works good. And yes, that’s a plain old incandescent bulb in the top light. The cat decided he needed to play with the flood light before I had things set up.

The next two pictures are taken with this set up.

post-7822-139458435081_thumb.jpg

post-7822-139458435087_thumb.jpg

post-7822-139458435089_thumb.jpg

That's great! Glad you have luck with this... I tried... and all my pics came out with a yellow cast. :( So I invested in one, but I hate getting it out to use it. :D

Your pics look nice with this Cheryl!:grin2: Way to go!

Donna, Did you miss thecandlepastor’s lecture on photography? LOL here’s the thread. http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57465 . I learned a LOT!

I can’t imagine trying to make a light box out of poster board. Try using a box and just use the poster board for the background. It was a little time consuming but not difficult. I think someone posted a link in that thread above with directions, but really, it’s all pretty much self explanatory. I sugest leaveing the flaps on like I did so you can bend them to block out the lights.

Me too, bought mine on ebay, it is collapsable.

I bought the big one, it is like 3.5' x 3.5'

I rarely use it, never have somewhere to set it up.

On nice days, I use it sometimes in the back yard.

I should use it more...thank goodness it only cost me $28 shipped

I chose an 18” cube because of the space it would take. I wanted something I would be able to set up permanently. I knew setting it up wasn’t going to be something I would want to bother with on a regular basis. However I wish I had made it a little bigger, at least longer. Getting the soaps and props in the small space is a hassle.

I tried taking it outside but between the breeze (which is always nice on our deck) pushing the box around and the birds (who are very friendly here) getting in my way it just wasn’t happening LOL.

I chose an 18” cube because of the space it would take. I wanted something I would be able to set up permanently. I knew setting it up wasn’t going to be something I would want to bother with on a regular basis. However I wish I had made it a little bigger, at least longer. Getting the soaps and props in the small space is a hassle.

I tried taking it outside but between the breeze (which is always nice on our deck) pushing the box around and the birds (who are very friendly here) getting in my way it just wasn’t happening LOL.

That is my problem outside, it gets to breezy out. I can set it up permanently upstairs in the spare bedroom but such a hassle taking product up and down.

ETA: I did forget to tell you GA that the pics look fab

That is my problem outside, it gets to breezy out. I can set it up permanently upstairs in the spare bedroom but such a hassle taking product up and down.

ETA: I did forget to tell you GA that the pics look fab

A loy less hassle than setting it up every few days! it was takeing me so long to set it up and then storeing it away that i only had a short time to actually try to take pictures. I was using the kitchen table so had to calcualte time to have it cleared in time for dinner... Hubby was getting cranky eating around the stuff... he's such a guy. doesn't mind me haveing to cook and serve dinner around his motorcycle parts but we must not have soap stuff in the kitchen!

I heard a crash… ran downstairs… found my cat sitting next to this looking “innocent”. Hubby can’t figure out how he did it. The set up with the dry wall and toggle bolts was rated at over 100 lbs. was about 10 lbs of gear on the shelf… cat weighs 22 lbs…

I guess I need to find someplace else to set my light box up. Or just give up...

post-7822-139458435565_thumb.jpg

Care to share the ebay seller? I've been looking for a larger one (so I can take pics. of taller baskets etc.) but none that cheap-what a steal you got that one for!

GA-your pics. turned out awesome!

Dang kitty (or should I say CAT-that is one big dude at 22lbs.!!), hope you find someplace safe to set the lightbox up, cuz it definitely makes your soaps stand out!

• 2 weeks later...
I promised pictures of when I got my lightbox set up. Here it is… finally found a permanent home for it. This is set up on a shelf in the hall in the basement. I need to make some adjustments, get the lights more to the front of the box, but other than that It works good. And yes, that’s a plain old incandescent bulb in the top light. The cat decided he needed to play with the flood light before I had things set up.

The next two pictures are taken with this set up.

As a daughter n law, i have to put in my 2 cents...

I LOVE"EM & I'M JEALOUS!!!!!!

Her stuff is not suppose to better then mine...lol

Your doing great Cheryl...& I am so very jealous.

I love the soap by the way...:P