Rave for Bert's f/o's

classylady71118

I just got my second shipment from Bert and WOW the Christmas Pear is SO GOOD oob, I went ahead and ordered 16 oz because of the raves on here and I'm SO glad I did. I think that one is going to be one of my hot sellers. I also ordered her Bayberry and I REALLY like that one also...and the "NEW" scent coming out...... her Chamomile Tea is wonderful, so GLAD she threw that one in, cause I generally don't like tea scents but this one I WILL order more of, VERY nice! The Paradise is another keeper, the only one I have to reserve judgement on is the Yuletide Medley...have to get it in wax to see if I like it better....now to play with the Pumpkin Custard Spice...to my nose it smells too spicey..maybe add a bit of vanilla for more sweetness??? I've yet to find a Pumpkin I love...anywho that's my oob review from Bert.

Beverly

now to play with the Pumpkin Custard Spice...to my nose it smells too spicey..maybe add a bit of vanilla for more sweetness???

Beverly

Beverly,

I, too, find the PCS to be a bit too spicey OOB and honestly, I get that same feel from the cold throw. But the HOT THROW...OMG! Smells so sweet and I think buttery...the spice notes take a back seat when burning! Try it...I think you will love it.

jenn

Isn't that Christmas Pear YUMMY???!!

I love it, can't wait to get it in tarts, it did need a bit of a longer cure than I usually give an oil, about a week, but IMO, well worth the wait! Beverly, did you get the Lemon Biscotti?? OMG, ya gotta try that one, definately a keeper...very popular for me already!

Has anyone tried her new Cranberry or Eggnog?

Didn't Bert post somewhere a link to a page that lists the oils and descriptions?? I can't find it anywhere! Anyway I wonder how her chamomile tea compares to SW's?? I use that one in my tallow soap right now and love it! I did order her chamomile but haven't had a chance to test it in CP. Love her Pumpkin Custard Spice (?) in candles tho! I also want to try her Redwood Cedar in CP...anyone cp'd it yet and is it strong and holding??

Didn't Bert post somewhere a link to a page that lists the oils and descriptions?? I can't find it anywhere! Anyway I wonder how her chamomile tea compares to SW's?? I use that one in my tallow soap right now and love it! I did order her chamomile but haven't had a chance to test it in CP. Love her Pumpkin Custard Spice (?) in candles tho! I also want to try her Redwood Cedar in CP...anyone cp'd it yet and is it strong and holding??

I think Singleyellowrose CP'd it a little while ago....

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58326&highlight=berts

Didn't Bert post somewhere a link to a page that lists the oils and descriptions?? I can't find it anywhere!

It is on this page http://stores.ebay.com/Heaven-Scent-Candle-and-Soap-Supply_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZQ2d33QQftidZ2QQtZkm

just under the company name Heaven Scent Candle and Soap Supply you will see a few tabs: Fragrance Descriptions A-H, Fragrance Descriptions I-Z, International Orders, About the Seller.

Hope this helps!

I think people can have different reactions to some of the spiced pumpkin scents...some folks here think the Pumpkin Souffle from CS smells burnt also...it's all very subjective...I personally didn't think the PCS smelled burnt when burning... :undecided

You are right about this one. I think the Pumpkin Souffle has a burnt smell when lit, and smells fine on a warmer, but everyone else that tested it for me loved it when lit. Different strokes for different folks definitely holds true in the fo world! I'm beginning to think that we need to rate by throw only in the wax we are using and not whether we like it or not. Personally liking it doesn't mean the next person will. JMO!!:D

You are right about this one. I think the Pumpkin Souffle has a burnt smell when lit, and smells fine on a warmer, but everyone else that tested it for me loved it when lit. Different strokes for different folks definitely holds true in the fo world! I'm beginning to think that we need to rate by throw only in the wax we are using and not whether we like it or not. Personally liking it doesn't mean the next person will. JMO!!:D

Ya know, I completely agree; preferrence for scent is way too subjective, but it is a help when you see a review from someone who uses the same wax...I had to learn to not pay attention to a lot of the raves here...my nose would disagree quite often once I sniffed for myself! :o