Libby Cubes

grama

Does anyone use the libby cubes for candles? I got some of the approx 5oz sizes from my dollar store and I love them, they are really classy looking. Was on CS site and they now have them in the larger sizes. Only problem I like a top on mine. I emailed CS and asked if they could or were going to get the tops for them but Diane said not at this time. Any idea where they could be found?

hey grama! Early american candle carries them, but their smallest says 7.5 oz. They have three sizes.

http://www.earlyamericancandlesupplies.com/store_supplies_info.cfm?id=307&cat=2⊂=10

BTW, I searched and couldn't find a top for them. There was a nasty thread a few weeks ago related to this. Apparently someone found an ebay seller with the jars and lids together but the lids were hand-made.

Candles and Supplies also carries a small cube but I think it is only sold by the case.

I would love to find some lids for these also. I bought several cases from Dollar Tree and for now have just been using the clear wrap to seal them some. It is time consuming, but it helps.

I will have to check with some people, maybe if enough are interested we can get some made and do a co-op on them.

Riekes does carry a black metal lid that fits the square cubes. I have samples of each size. They look great on the jars, but do not have a fitment so they cannot be picked up from the top or the candle goes boom. Look under 'votives' to see them.

Riekes does not post their prices and has a minimum $250 wholesale only to business with a re-sale liscense.

HTH

You might try contacting Libbey directly to see if they have any suggestions. If you go to libbey.com all the candles are listed under Special Markets - Business to Business. They don't show a lid, but I've seen many suppliers offer products not listed on their site.

Susan.

Hello All,

I make most of my candles in Libby Glass and I cover them with a square film (if that's the correct word) from Taylored Concepts. They look very classy and Taylored also has them on display with the cello bags w/raffia. Real nice for the holidays! The only downside is there is no "pre-smelling"-I have samples with me in mason jars...

I couldn't find lids for the 5 oz cubes but my Libby distributor (www.riekesglass.com) carries all of the Libby products including the 7.5, 12, and 20 oz cubes with lids. HTH for future purchases.

This is where I get my glassware also. They also have black metal lids for the square jars you find at wal-mart. Very pretty.

Hey Sydnee, your name is spelled just like my daughters. Something you don't see much.:o