Question for people who sell container candles..

How many different sizes do you sell? I was thinking about selling 3 different sizes in the bulb jar, but i'm not sure. Maybe 9 oz, 16 oz, and 24 oz or adding the cute little 4.5 oz jars and selling 4 sizes. I'm making this decision more difficult than it has to be, i know. I would appreciate all of your input.

I still haven't completely made up my mind which jars to use--the bulb jars are cute, but the apothecary jars are cheaper. Are the apothecary jars easier to wick because they are straight sided? I will be using 4627 wax.

Thanks.

I make 3 sizes, but 99% of my sales are the 8 oz. jars, so I don't bother to make too many of the other sizes anymore.

Same for me - I sell more 8 oz than anything. If I'm out of an 8oz, which seems to be the case with Butt Naked, they will buy the 16 oz.

They never ask for a smaller or larger container than what I carry.

I started out with 4 sizes in the apothecary, 5, 10, 16, and 26. I have recently decided to stop selling the 5's and 10's because between the cost of the jars and the increase in shipping, I'm not sure people are going to want to pay what I need to get out of them.

I am currently looking into testing the 8 ounce square masons, I think they are soooo cute, and it would give my customers more of a try me size. Alot of people want to be sure they like something the first time they try it. But most of my repeat customers want the 16's and 26's.

HTH

Jennifer

I'm not sure why you would cut out your 9 oz. jar if alot of people in this thread told you their 8 oz. sold well. I stopped doing 16 oz. apoth. jars because they didn't sell as well as my 10 ounce salsa jar and I do well with 6 oz tins too.