What do you pay...

I guess I didnt' word it very well.:o I already have a wax I use (that I have found to be the cheapest so far for me, and it's NOT the closest to me either). I was just curious what everyone else pays for their wax per case. For example, in another thread someone was saying that they paid between $70-$80 per case and another person replied that they would NEVER pay that amount for a case of wax. Just curious to see what everyone else pays is all:cool2: . I'm sure there is a huge difference in what people pay.

I just got my wax. It was $55.00 and then another $35 for shipping. So it was $90 just for wax. I pay almost as much for the shipping as I do for the product itself; and that's from the closest place to me and the cheapest. Wish I could buy something else for that $35....I hate shipping.

60lb case cost 25.00 shipping and my total is 95.00. I can't purchase any supplies locally so I don't have any other option. I always add my shipping charges into my figures for the total cost of my candles. I have spoken with other candle makers and have always been surprised that many forget the shipping charges in their total cost.

It costs me approximately $81.00 for 55 lbs. of KY PreBlend shipped. Making it about $1.47 pp. Doesn't this seem rather high pp?

I just don't see how when a jar is winding up costing me almost $3.00 each after shipping(the ones I'd really like to have but can't afford) that holds 10 ounces how you can make more than double your cost on these.

I guess I'm not doing too bad, then. I pay around $16 shipping on a 60#case. I'm in NE Texas & wish I could pick mine up, but with gas prices, it just doesn't make sense to drive a long way to do so. Right now my wax is in the vacinity of $1.35 a pound.

PamR

I am just starting out, but I found this company that has NO SHIPPING COSTS. They don't have a very large selection of items, but the wax (soy/veg) is $1.50 to $1.75 per lb. I know this is a bit high, but there is no shipping. I just ordered 30lbs to "play" with. I also "JUST" found a local supplier(after placing my order with the other company) that sells it for around 50.00 for 50lbs and I can drive 45minutes to get it.

The NO SHIPPING site is:

http://www.dittocandles.com/

Don

I haven't figured that out. I have checked shipping on identical items at 3 suppliers that are in the same locale, one of them is $2 a case higher than the other 2. But the cost of the same wax is a couple dollars higher per case at one of the other 2, so it all equals out, lol.

PamR

I pay $48.50 for a case of C3, plus shipping runs around $22. I've found that Candlewic is cheaper for C3, but it only saves me a few bucks because shipping is higher. They also have another soy that's like $38 a case- I used some last year but like my C3 better.

I think some suppliers are bigger companies and move more product, thus ship more so they can get better deals with UPS, Fed Ex, etcetera. Also, location is important.