I Need A Butt Kick!

HELLLLP ME!

I moved house at the beginning of August and my candle 'stuff' is still packed up in the boxes I moved them in!!! I seem to have lost the will to pour :undecided and I think I need a kick up the butt to get going again. The new house keeps me very busy and I don't know if I will ever have any free time ever again *lol* BUT i've just been looking through the Gallery and I felt a familiar fluttering in the pit of my stomach when looking at all the lovely candles you have made ......... please give me the kick up the butt I need - how do I find the motivation again!!!! ARGHHHHH.

Anjie,x.

I've made candles for 6yrs & I go through this every Summer. Sales drop off & so does my interest. This isn't my livelihood, but something I love to do that pays for itself. Don't push yourself & let the urge carry you. I do exactly what you described -- I kinda burn out & step back. Then I read a few posts that kick me into gear & all I think about are candles ... funny, it usually kicks in around Silly Season! Don't let it become something you have to do & hate. Everything's in those boxes waiting for you & you'll be fired up when you decide to scratch that itch!

Susan.

Hey stranger!!

Glad your move went well. Come on pull your self together and just think monkey farts..mmmm:laugh2:

Okay if that aint working then i hope this does: I CHALLENGE YOU TO MAKE A BEAUTIFUL MASTER PIECE FOR YOUR NEW LOUNGE, IF YOU DONT I WILL KEEP HOUNDING YOU !! hA HA HA X

cant wait to see it in the gallery on monday. you know you wanna:D

Hi Anjie,

I moved house in june & told myself I wouldn't get the candle things out until I'd finished all the decorating. Well I almost lasted....I had one room to go when I needed to make a special candle for a friend so out came all the boxes....some of them even made it back to the cupboard.....the candle was made & the decorating DID get finished.

Now everythings back on track & I'm happy as larry.

Even if all you do is get your oils out & sniff those new ones that you just didn't have time to try before you moved you'll be fine....the hooks will get you & there will be no turning back!

Have fun in your new home. & MAKE SOME CANDLES, it won't really be home til you do.

Sally.

I just moved half way across the us in August myself, and what I did is unpack my work room last. Then for some reason it took me awhile to want to unpack that, weird huh? But once I got everything in order (and boy did I love actually having a work room) I made some tarts for my melter that sits on the island in the kitchen, butterscotch brownies (omg can I just say that scent ROCKS!!) and once I got compliments about how good the house smells from my husband, daughter and visitors, it got me motivated again.

So here's a kick in the butt from Washington state, make yourself something first, and I bet you get motivated all over again just like I did :D

Hi Anjie

Glad your move went OK hope you're settling in nicely.

Now we have the pleasantries over and done with

Go and get your box (you know you want to)

Open it up (you know you want to)

Take out your favourite FO (you know you want to)

Open the bottle and take a good long sniff (you know you want to)

Are my subliminal messages getting through to you if not here comes my size 6 boot and I'm aiming it at your bum!!! :D:D

Ruby

THANK YOU! I knew you'd come through with words of wisdom lol.

My arse is well and truly kicked. Here's my plan.... this weekend is going to be mega busy so I won't have a hope in hell of getting anything done, so next week when the boys are at school and Taz is at afternoon nursery and the baby is asleep in his cot, I will break out the supplies :D I'll start to unpack and put everything away in the cupboards and see if it gets me going. Before I start on anything though, I need to buy a calor gas stove :undecided hope they aren't expensive! No more pouring in the kitchen for me, out in the garage I go (yayyyy).

Anjie,x.

If I had just moved, I would have to go find a really neat jar or crock to match my new house and maybe pour a layered candle of all my favorite scents. Just for my new house. I am surprised you haven't done that yet. You can't have a new house without a new candle. Just ain't right.:confused: I love to go to Wal mart and get those big square cookie jars. I fill them with 6 different type cookie smells and make a big label with the picture of the family I am giving it to on the front. They are a real hit. It makes a wonderful Christmas present and saves me a lot of money and time. Maybe you could do that for some Christmas presents this year. That might get you going. They always ask for another one too.

• 2 weeks later...
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I've unpacked my candle supplies :tongue2: All boxes emptied and stuff stashed in cupboards and drawers. I must admit it got me wanting to pour.... but i can't until I have my calor gas stove.

Thanks for the push everyone. I WILL be back :D

Anjie,x.

That's awesome!! You are going to turn into a marathon pourer when you get your stove won't you? :D

yay for you for getting your mojo back to want to unpack and pour. Moving is not fun, just did it myself as well across a few states and like you the candle room was the last to get done and its only half done but enough to get me going lol

Just a quick update :D I'm going to do it! NOW! The house is quiet and I have time to myself so I am of to make a ristic hex forever pillar - starting off with something nice and easy. Blimey, can I even remember what to do, its been so long! lol.

Let you know how it goes.

Anjie,x.