Lard??

ShoogieScents

Unfortunately no. I know, people see Lard as an ingredient and are immediately turned off....I have had a few people that have used the soap, never read the ingredients, come back to buy more and then they read the label! LOL By then they have gotten over their Lard issues and just want more of the soap! :D

I dont know how it works today but a few years back you didnt have to list any ingredients for your soap as long as you dont make any claims that your soap is good for this and that like dry skin, itching ect. Rules might have changed in the past few years, im not sure but that would be one way to get around listing lard.

Bruce

From everything I am reading you still do not have to list any ingredients for soap. Like you said, if you aren't making any claims and it is just good ole soap, the ingredients do not have to be listed. But I know that many do list them because of the extensive amount of allergies out there and they want their customers to be able to buy a bar in confidence because they are able to see what is in that bar of soap and avoid a possible allergic reaction related to the bar of soap they just bought.

Angi

i like the rendered pig fat idea

yuck!!

i also have been experiementing and think am finding like the ones that have some lard!

nice of someone to address this issue

Guess just put it and hope if they would have an issue-they do not look at ingredients!

Hopefully the scent overexcites them!

Lard is marvelous. For those who doubt it - take a dab and rub it into your hands and arms. If it's this good straight, think how wonderful it would be in soap, lotions, balms...

Besides, the pig gave it's life for the meat - let's not waste the rest!

AKA, I also soap beef tallow and deer tallow (not for sale)