body wash/shower gel bases

soapermom

I haven't tried this one yet, but it's on my wishlist because it looks like it would leave skin softer than the average shower gel

http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/body-wash-base-cosmetic-base-p-575.html

cool it says body wash not shower or "gel"...shipping would prob kill me though.

Shower gels havent impressed me.. drug store or naem brand. The body washes have. I wish I could dupe olay cream ribbons or St Ives Whipped silk.

Hi there, that is sooooo funny! I was JUST going to post this very same thing! I'm on the lookout for a creamy body wash base, haven't found one yet so I've also been pearlizing shower gel but it's just nothing special KWIM. I DO like this recipe though from Scent Sanctuary using Foaming Bath Butter whipped with water and oil, makes an awesome creamy body wash (shower cream soap) BUT I've had it seperate after a few months (oil leaks out)...not too sure why! Maybe give that a try? I do add a preservative to that, even though it doesn't mention in the recipe.

http://www.scentsanctuary.ca/recipes/shower_cream_soap_fbb.html

Melany

It is the hand and body wash base from MC. It is creamy. We started out with this base and orginally thought it got too runny when you add fo, we have tried many bases since and can find any that are as moisturizing. We started to add crothix to it and it is much better. I know those who make b&b from scratch have wonderful recipes, but right now we are concentrating on our candles, so bases are the way for us to go right now.. My husband used to have dry and cracked feet before using Mill creeks body wash and it cleared them right up. When he runs out (shame on me for letting that happen) and he uses the leftovers from Wallly World that are still in the cupboard and his feet immediately crack open again. That impresses me with MC bases.

This thread has me interested in the Millcreek after trying several that just don't cut it. But, I tried using crothix with a couple of them and hated it. Do the rest of you who use this base find you have to use crothix? That stuff was very icky to work with.

I found the Mill Creek base to be thick enough after adding FO. I tried bases from BCN, WSP, & Greenleaf & found MC to be less drying. Shipping wasn't as bad as I expected & I live in New England. Customer service was excellent too. I just wish they had a clear base like it! LOL