Liquid soap

MsDammit

Wow, I plugged it into Soapcalc and it calculates 11.1% fat deficit. If that were right it would be over 1/2 oz of lye floating around with no constructive mission in life.

Hope I can find time to try some liquid soap. I'd like it for hand washing instead of a bar. Congratulations on getting it done!

I did neutralize with borax. I didn't run the recipe through soapcalc- figured I'd stop procrastinating and just do it to get a feel for it. Things do make more sense after making the first batch(Failor's book was confusing to me). I have been trying to formulate a recipe to try again and I have noticed that Soapcalc & Summer Bee Meadow calc differ when I run the same recipe through.:confused:

I use the calc on Summer Bee Meadow's site and if you set the supperfat to -12.5% it closely resembles the recipes in CF's book. You then have to neutralize it. That's how I make mine and always get clear soap with a ph of about 8-9 which is what the ph should be for handmade liquid soap...HTH

I agree lye heavy or not congrats on your first batch. This is something I'd like to try down the line too. I'm stuck in the world on cream soaping right now and LOVING IT!!!

All these processes take time and practice, so hang in there. I bet with a few more batches under your belt you'll be on your way to mastering it (and loving it).

I agree lye heavy or not congrats on your first batch. This is something I'd like to try down the line too. I'm stuck in the world on cream soaping right now and LOVING IT!!!

All these processes take time and practice, so hang in there. I bet with a few more batches under your belt you'll be on your way to mastering it (and loving it).

I wanted to do cream soap but decided liquid soap would be the lesser evil of the two, and after my 5th FAILED batch of LS, it'll take me quite a while to be brave enough to try cream soap! I am fine until the diluting stage-goes right down the drain from there(no pun intended, lol).

I wanted to do cream soap but decided liquid soap would be the lesser evil of the two, and after my 5th FAILED batch of LS, it'll take me quite a while to be brave enough to try cream soap! I am fine until the diluting stage-goes right down the drain from there(no pun intended, lol).

Ah, hang in there and keep trying. LS is so much fun once you get the hang of it.