Mineral Cosmetics (Pic Heavy)

Chickie1st

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

:thumbsup: Ladies, I gotta tell ya--Chickie's got it going on with her makeup. I feel qualified to comment on the quality of her products as I have been using Bare Minerals for over a decade. I've also tried some of the others that have recently come on the market during the past couple of years and have been disappointed.

I got some of Chickie's foundation and blush this week and wore it to work yesterday. It went on so effortlessly and light that I did wonder about how well it would hold up for me. Well, I didn't need to be concerned--it's great makeup. I got the beige foundation and Rose of Sharon blush, which works for my blonde complexion. She also sent me a sample of the mineral veil that gives a nice finishing touch.

Congratulations, Chickie on developing a top-quality mineral makeup! :highfive:

:thumbsup: Ladies, I gotta tell ya--Chickie's got it going on with her makeup. I feel qualified to comment on the quality of her products as I have been using Bare Minerals for over a decade. I've also tried some of the others that have recently come on the market during the past couple of years and have been disappointed.

I got some of Chickie's foundation and blush this week and wore it to work yesterday. It went on so effortlessly and light that I did wonder about how well it would hold up for me. Well, I didn't need to be concerned--it's great makeup. I got the beige foundation and Rose of Sharon blush, which works for my blonde complexion. She also sent me a sample of the mineral veil that gives a nice finishing touch.

Congratulations, Chickie on developing a top-quality mineral makeup! :highfive:

Thank you Luci :o, I value your opinion very much and especially since you have used Bare Minerals for so long, I agree that you are qualified to comment on my product.

I do want the truth, the good, bad and ugly. I want to make a high quality product at reasonable prices for us women.

The weird thing Luci, a week or so ago I was beginning to wonder if I should even continue to do the Makeup, thinking maybe this wasn't what the Lord wanted me to do and a day or two later you and Breanna made orders for Makeup (and another order) and then I had gotten a private message from someone on another forum that they were so blessed from my website and the about me part. Well, after all that I have to believe that I am doing what I'm supposed to do.

So thank you so much for your order, your Review and your kind words!

I was going to ask if you put Bismuth in your make-up, but you already answered that...

and its fantastic that you don't (nothing worse then putting a form of arsinic on your skin *oy*)...

Bareminerals uses Bismuth...and charges an arm and a leg

Prescription Formula makes my face feel greasy.

Do you have a website?

I've been searching high and low for a mineral make up that feels good on my skin.

Monique

http://www.thesoapgoat.com

I was going to ask if you put Bismuth in your make-up, but you already answered that...

and its fantastic that you don't (nothing worse then putting a form of arsinic on your skin *oy*)...

Bareminerals uses Bismuth...and charges an arm and a leg

Prescription Formula makes my face feel greasy.

Do you have a website?

I've been searching high and low for a mineral make up that feels good on my skin.

Monique

http://www.thesoapgoat.com

Hi Monique, after reading about the Bismuth I decided not to use that in any of my products.

Yes I do have a website, thank for asking. I don't know if I can put it out here or not, but it is in my profile.

Can I volunteer to be a tester??!!:yay:

I've never seen or heard of mineral makeup before. Is this something you make entirely yourself? The colors are fabulous! I don't like wearing liquid foundation 'cause it just makes me more oily. Powders do nothing. But from what everyone on here says, this stuff sounds pretty good. I'd love to try it!

ETA: What an idiot I am! I just noticed the date of the original post! August!!! Just ignore me, I'll go to your website and order.

Tall Blonde, Chickie sells small sizes that are perfect for someone new to minerals. http://www.heavenlyscentsonline.com/Minerals/index.htm I believe she also has a sample set that will last quite a while and get you completely hooked. You'll never go back to liquid.

One thing that is key to using minerals is very good quality brushes. I can't emphasize that enough. I don't know if Chickie sells brushes cause I already had good ones and didn't look.

Can I volunteer to be a tester??!!:yay:

I've never seen or heard of mineral makeup before. Is this something you make entirely yourself? The colors are fabulous! I don't like wearing liquid foundation 'cause it just makes me more oily. Powders do nothing. But from what everyone on here says, this stuff sounds pretty good. I'd love to try it!

ETA: What an idiot I am! I just noticed the date of the original post! August!!! Just ignore me, I'll go to your website and order.

Yes everything is made from scratch by me. I hadn't used it either until I started creating my formulas and tried it and I love it, won't ever go back to liquid or the paste and sponge lol.

Tall Blonde, Chickie sells small sizes that are perfect for someone new to minerals. http://www.heavenlyscentsonline.com/Minerals/index.htm I believe she also has a sample set that will last quite a while and get you completely hooked. You'll never go back to liquid.

One thing that is key to using minerals is very good quality brushes. I can't emphasize that enough. I don't know if Chickie sells brushes cause I already had good ones and didn't look.

Hi Luci, I've just added a little brush set to my site. They are a very good quality and is a set of 5. I have another set coming in to test with so I'll probably have two sets to choose from right now. I'm still on the look out for more brushes. I may do some singles if I can find a good deal on them.

Guess I better get busy and get a picture of them up on the site :D

After looking at your site- well, WOW! I have a request though, do you think that you can find several different eye colored models? I LOVE the way they look, but have no clue what would look good with blue eyes... I usually get the earth tones to set them off, but they just didn't wow me in the model pics on the site...

(and if you need another tester, look no further lolol)

-Kristi

After looking at your site- well, WOW! I have a request though, do you think that you can find several different eye colored models? I LOVE the way they look, but have no clue what would look good with blue eyes... I usually get the earth tones to set them off, but they just didn't wow me in the model pics on the site...

(and if you need another tester, look no further lolol)

-Kristi

Do you only wear the earthy tones? Pm'ing you

HI Everyone,, I bought a sample kit and I Absolutely LOVE Chickies Mineral Makeup!!! Ive been wanting to try this as I have wore Avon for years. Mineral make-up intriged me. It is so Light on your face you dont realize you have any on. I kept trying to go to the mirror to see if it was okay and BOY IT WAS!!! I didnt have to re-fresh it or anything!!

I told Chickie what colors I used already and she helped me pick out the ones for my sample kit. She was Dead on with my colors,,SHES GREAT!!!

I love the fact that you can buy it and it doesnt cost you a arm and a leg for it. Her prices are fantastic and I know if she wanted to she could get more for them. Her products are TOP NOTCH!!!!

Her body bars are also WONDERFUL!!!!! You MUST try these!!!!!

I have fibromyalgia and arthritis and this has helped in easing the pain tremendously!!!

THANK YOU so much Chickie for making a great product with an affordable price!!!!!! You are AWESOME!!!!

My MIL and SIL are very interested and now my 2 girls are too.

I was tossing around a kit, but I don't think all the foundations would be used, not even by my Boy King (kidding), but I'm still tossing around. Glad this was brought up, because it's like eye and wallet candy.

LOL Scented. I could probably work something out with you if you only wanted one or two foundations. I put all three in the kit because if none of the shades matches your skin, you can mix them to get a color that would match closer.