Mineral Cosmetics (Pic Heavy)

Chickie1st

Well I'm hung up on which foundation! Though there's nothing dark in my complexion except my eyebrows lol. But I'm worried about going with something that would be too light or too dark. But a mineral make up would just even out the look right?

Yes it should. I used to wear a light beige in regular make up. I've tried all three of these and with all of them I couldn't tell I had them on at all, except for the Dark Beige, it gave me a sort of sun-kissed glow. It really didn't look like I had makeup on at all except that my face just looked so even and natural. The Cream is pretty light, so I'd try the beige and/or Dark Beige. But if those were too dark, you'd have the light Beige to mix with.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scented, I'm very blonde but don't have a completely pale complexion. I tan easily but have to be careful. The beige foundation works really well for me without looking "made up" at all. Chickie sent me a little cream sample, and that one works on me as well.

Over the years, I've found it VERY easy to mix a couple of the mineral shades to get just the right look for whatever amount of color I have depending on the time of year and how much I've been in the sun. Besides the complete comfort and ease of wearing minerals, that's the other plus I like about them--being able to adjust the shades to my tan.

I finally learned to stay out of the sun (at least my face) after all those years of being a sun goddess on the beach. I've been using a moisturizer that does give a hint of color so that I don't look like I've been in a closet for too long. The minerals work really well with that so if I run out of the moisturizer, I'm able to adjust the shades easily to allow for it.

I finally learned to stay out of the sun (at least my face) after all those years of being a sun goddess on the beach. I've been using a moisturizer that does give a hint of color so that I don't look like I've been in a closet for too long. The minerals work really well with that so if I run out of the moisturizer, I'm able to adjust the shades easily to allow for it.

Luci, have you tried adding some of your mineral foundation or blush to your favorite moisturizer?

Put a dab of your Moisturizer in your hand and then mix a little bit of blush or foundation in and then apply. I've read this quite a few times in my research, haven't tried it myself yet though.

No, I haven't tried that. I've seen that done when I used to watch the demos on QVC for BM. It just reminded me too much of applying liquid makeup, and those days are over for me!!

LOL, no kidding!!! I love my Minerals :D

Is it me, or am I nuts, that using the Minerals seems to go on a lot faster??

ok well I'm ashamed to tell this, but I will.

During my testing I left all my makeup on because I had read that you can sleep in it if you want. So I did that. The next morning I did NOT have to re-do my makeup at all. Sooooo I figured ok, I'll see just what this stuff does, :D and I left it on all that day and slept in it the second night. The next morning same thing..... I still had makeup on. So we had to go out of town to go visit my brother and family so I left my face as it was. Now mind you, sleeping it it two nights, cleaning house, sweating.....using a paper towel on my face to wipe the sweat..... While talking with my sis-in-law she comments on how nice my makeup looks :shocked2:

I said huh? I've had this on three days and slept in it two nights, she couldn't believe it. After sleeping in it the third night, I finally washed it off.

And then Moonrose from here, she tested hers by sleeping in it two nights also and then went swimming in it.... and STILL had makeup on!

So, I don't believe you have to worry about it wearing off during the day :D

I noticed that mineral make up is extremely long wearing too. I first realized it the first day I put it on. I got up and showered and put some on and experimented with the eye shadows I bought a little. I did a darker crease, lighter color on lid and then wet lined by lower and upper lids. That day was really hectic and I was doing a lot of housework and cooking. I made something that I had steam hit my face from a pot I remember even. That night, I sat down and relaxed when I put the kids to bed. I was rubbing my eyes because I was tired. I hadn't looked in the mirror all day. When I went to wash up that night, I looked into the mirror and could not believe my eyes looked like I just had done them. The liner was still in place and everything, even though I rubbed them. My mineral foundation and blush was still on too. I really was amazed and can't wait to see how it holds up during the summer.

I've fallen asleep with it on and it still looked as it did the day before. And, the best was, my skin didn't break out one bit. I'm prone to break outs and this mineral make up doesn't aggrivate my skin one bit. It helps it stay balanced too which is nice. I don't even really need blot my make up during the day. No shine. With my liquid foundation, I'd have had to blot and powder to keep it looking like it does with no special care, with the minerals. Mineral make up is really great. Sorry I waited this long to finally get around to trying it out.

Oh and I have tried to mix my mineral foundation with a touch of my moisturizer just for the heck of it, and it's a nice coverage and light on the skin. I was curious and tried it and was pleased with the results. No cakey look at all.

Oh and I have tried to mix my mineral foundation with a touch of my moisturizer just for the heck of it, and it's a nice coverage and light on the skin. I was curious and tried it and was pleased with the results. No cakey look at all.

I'm glad you tried it..... Thank you for the info!

Well I'm hung up on which foundation! Though there's nothing dark in my complexion except my eyebrows lol. But I'm worried about going with something that would be too light or too dark. But a mineral make up would just even out the look right?

You are right Scented Mineral make up will even out your tones, But as far as your foundation It must look natural and thats why she gives you the 3 in her Sample Kit. See I have an Olive skin tone and tan easly with brown eyes. Now I WAS using Creamy Natural with Avon.

I got Chickies foundations and Beige worked perfect, However I wanted a lighter color so I added some Cream to the Beige and it is Awesome.

Then I decided to Tan this past week and so I took some Beige and added a wee bit of dark foundation to keep it natural with my body tone. I like having the ability to mix it up

Sorry this got so long!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoot I thought I was a med skin, but I burn very easily- to the point of blistering. My doc once said I had typical skin of a redhead.... whatever that means lol.

All of us girls were born blond and have now what we call dirty dishwater colored hair. But when I decide to dye it I do it in a dark auburn, and that makes my face light up a lot.

I think I'm getting off track....... I've used all three of the foundations and the Cream and Beige go well on me... the Dark Beige gave me a sun-kissed look.

Breanna!!!! I missed you! Hope your feeling better, I'm missing our chats on Yahoo girl!!! :D

Oh Chickie you're going to have a customer for life lol. This stuff is amazingly light on the skin. I don't feel like I have a ton of layers on goo on my skin. Now let's talk lip color and I may need a concealer, but I saw those on the site. I know, the blushes can opt for lip color, but not what I picked lol. The wine eye shadow is gorgeous, but I couldn't do lips in that or browns either lol.

:D I've been waiting for you to get your stuff, Scented. I know of no one that hasn't been amazed at the difference in how you feel. I used to come home from school feeling like my face was dragging the floor before I started using minerals. :shocked2: It was hard for me to believe that I was getting the coverage I wanted without the heavy look or feel.

So the Beige was the right color, Scented?

Looks like your gonna have to try some other colors huh? :D

did you see that pic of Moonrose's daughter with the blush on her lips with the lip gloss?

Here, towards the bottom of the page......

http://www.heavenlyscentsonline.com/Minerals/index_files/Page2560.htm

That was the Lords Kiss, blush.

• 2 weeks later...