Mineral Cosmetics (Pic Heavy)

Chickie1st

Sis Mel insisted that I post these, so here goes....

By the way my website is Christian based so I try to name all my products accordingly.

Some Eye Shadows: Ohh the three on the right here are BlushEyeshadowNames.jpg

Some Blushes:

Blushs1.jpg

Some Foundations:

Mvc-287xa-1.jpg

More Eye Shadows:

Mvc-268xa.jpg

Mvc-256xa.jpg

Mvc-309xa.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thank you girls, so much!

I have always loved make up and I am really enjoying creating these. Sis Mel has really encouraged me to do them and offered to be my tester, I was delighted since I had never tried Minerals before and she was using the Name Brands already.

I must say, I love them!! I always wore the heavy make up to cover everything and I hated the way it felt. This Mineral Foundation, you don't know you have it on! It feels so light and silky, and it just looks natural to me. My DH hated make up so I stopped wearing it, for the past 6 yrs, But he likes this make up a lot! *faint*

You can apply the Eye Shadows wet or dry and also use them wet as an Eyeliner to match your Eye Shadows.

I hope sis Mel will post her experience with it.

Oh by the way I do not use Bismuth in my Mineral Cosmetics, as it has caused itching problems with some people.

Those colors rock! If you could come up with a color dupe like Mary Kay's "Crystalline" I 'd be ordering very soon. Do they stay on well?

As for staying on well. Uhhmmm well, I put them to the test, I slept in it for 4 nights straight. It was still on!!

I believe Mel has tested that also, I hope she will chime in.

Would you have a picture of the Crystalline color?? I'm not sure what it is.

Ok, The Chicksta drug me in LOL LOL

I am the offical tester for her...:D I'm so bad.

But I'm trying to suck up to get every color she makes.:laugh2::laugh2:

Anywho.

I will say that this is the best I have had so far....

I have bought alot of the other brands, They always either made me itch or just looked fake on.

Chickies are very very light . So light that u don't even think u have it on.

And when you have it on? You feel so soft....

I have not had any of the make up flake off me yet.

It is so satiny smooth it just glides on and stays put.

I have used this makeup now for a few weeks,

It is awesome. I will never go back to any others.

In fact...Today,I just threw out all my bare minerals, Bare essentials and the other mineral 1's I got from some other place.

I also packed up every other makeup I own except for my liners and gloss.

Oh since I said gloss.

I read and learned something.

You can take whatever color eye or blush color you are wearing

And put it on your lips dry.

Get it as dark as you want it.

Then, apply clear lip gloss over it.

WALA, Instant matching lipgloss.

I do it all the time now.

I love it.

As far as my own personal tests?

Oh boy.

Ok, I also put it on for 4 days and did not wash my face. ( almost killed me to do but I did it lol)

But anyways. The day I couldn't hold out no longer.

There was still make up on me!!!!!

I also took my showers with it on. It stayed.

My ultimate test was swimming with it on.

I came out of pool still wearing my makeup.

I just seen a commercial this morning for another mineral makeup.

I watched it and thought. hmmmf. Try chickies people. You will love it more. lol

Biased? maybe. But when I find something I love, really love? I stick with it.

Chickie found her nitch here.

So much so, that I told her to give up candles and concentrate on this.

Oh and I also know for a fact, that if chickie can see a color you like and she does not make it?

She will do her best to copy it for you.

Thats what she did with the 1 green for me. And she got it right!!!!

Oh and 1 more thing.

Chickies prices don't kill your wallet either.

I know cuz I'm a makeup queen and spent way to much money on the stuff.

She has me as a customer for life. :D

Hope all that helps. I just can not say enough about this stuff.

And all the research she did on this.

I had many many many lonely nights here while she read lol lol

We even missed alot of pogo badges for this.:cry2:

Feel bad yet sis? lol

Wow, those look wonderful and you certainly name them so appropriately--wow, again :)

I still cannot play with mine :( I daresay any will look that good LOL but I am mainly trying to tone down when I looked "sunburned" from my rosacea. Once I get mine done, I will let you know how it works on my rosacea, however, might not be too good of a test subject, I just get a bit pinkish and I don't get any blemishes as I do a good job of keeping up with my medicated gel.

Again, you did a wonderful job! You have me really looking forward to trying this--thanks!

Oh gosh here they are AGAIN!! I just love looking at them lol, everything looks so pretty and the colors you have put together are just inspiring!

Okay, I have to ask HOW exactly do you remove it? If it won't come off in the shower or the pool, it must not come off with just warm water eh? LOL. I'm brilliant, I know! Is there a special make up remover you need to use?

Your products look great. I've never tried mineral makeup but always wanted to. Does it work well with aging skin? How do you know what color foundation you need? I always had a hard time trying to figure out whether to use medium or dark and in some of the kits I've seen, you got more than one so you could blend the color best for you. When will you have this available...after testing is complete of course. I so want to try this stuff so keep us posted when it's available. Sounds like you've got some awesome products...Ginger

Oh gosh here they are AGAIN!! I just love looking at them lol, everything looks so pretty and the colors you have put together are just inspiring!

Okay, I have to ask HOW exactly do you remove it? If it won't come off in the shower or the pool, it must not come off with just warm water eh? LOL. I'm brilliant, I know! Is there a special make up remover you need to use?

:laugh2: :laugh2: Yup here she is again PA. lol lol

I pushed her into showing them.

I believe in her and thought she should lol lol

I'm sure I will get my payback soon.:( lol lol

I remove mine with either soap and water or my make up remover. On my eyes I use the makeup remover, only because I always tend to get the soap in my eyes.

Never fails. lol

It isn't hard to get off.

This is really nice to aging skin.

I am 43 and starting to show signs. lol

I love this on me.

I'm actually using MAC pigments and some Mad Minerals and Sweet Scents at the moment. LOVE the stuff! Although well, being a simple girl, I really only use about... 2-3 colors. My absolute favourite at the moment is MAC's Old Gold... it's natural on me, but it really brightens up my eyes.

Some of the girls here buy mineral makeup (MAC, Mad Minerals, Sweet Scents), repackage and sell by the teaspoon (usually 1/2 or 1/4 tsp), so I get those to save my wallet and since I don't use makeup often. It really lasts and lasts (both in my pot and on my face)! :yay: Maybe we could work something out, Chickie :wink2:

I'll definitely try Chickie's stuff! I have a lot of trouble finding the right foundation for my Asian skin, so what I've been trying to do is actually just get my skin to the point where I don't need foundation :laugh2: I do find I need a concealer though, and I suspect my current one from Bloom (not mineral) is breaking me out! :mad:

Wow, those look wonderful and you certainly name them so appropriately--wow, again :)

I still cannot play with mine :( I daresay any will look that good LOL but I am mainly trying to tone down when I looked "sunburned" from my rosacea. Once I get mine done, I will let you know how it works on my rosacea, however, might not be too good of a test subject, I just get a bit pinkish and I don't get any blemishes as I do a good job of keeping up with my medicated gel.

Again, you did a wonderful job! You have me really looking forward to trying this--thanks!

Thank you very much Di :D

I'm doing samples of 1/4 tsp in a baggy for a dollar plus shipping, but I'd like to send you a sample of each of the foundations if you want to pay shipping only, to see if it helps with your rosacea, if you wouldn't mind testing? lol

http://www.marykay.com/color/eyes/highlighters/10882800/default.aspx

Its a really soft vanilla color with some shimmer to it. I use it all over the lid and part of the brow area and then just use a dark color for the crease. BTW, I have my eye on a couple of the darker colors.

Thank you, I'll see what I can do! I'll post a pic when I get it made. :D hmmm soft vanilla hmmmm lol

Your too funny PA :cheesy2::cheesy2: Just soap and water, course you can leave it on for three or four days (like I did) and see if it finally wears off :D Look at it this way, you will wake up with your eye makeup already done! JK :shocked2::cheesy2::cheesy2:

Your products look great. I've never tried mineral makeup but always wanted to. Does it work well with aging skin? How do you know what color foundation you need? I always had a hard time trying to figure out whether to use medium or dark and in some of the kits I've seen, you got more than one so you could blend the color best for you. When will you have this available...after testing is complete of course. I so want to try this stuff so keep us posted when it's available. Sounds like you've got some awesome products...Ginger

Ginger, I'm an OLD Chick (58) and stopped wearing the heavy make up for the past 6 yrs cause DH hated it. Ummm by the way he's quite a few years younger, second marriage.

I have been testing my Mineral Makeup for awhile now and I loved it!! I loved how my face felt like there was nothing there and silky. To me I looked like I didn't have make up on, but I felt "pretty" like I used to feel when wearing makeup. I was worried that DH would say something about it.... he did. :shocked2: He said I looked beautiful to him without it. But knowing that for me I like wearing it, he said that it looked really nice, natural.*faint* So we made a deal, I wear my makeup and if I start looking like Tammy Fay, he'll let me know! hahaha

:laugh2: :laugh2: Yup here she is again PA. lol lol

I pushed her into showing them.

I believe in her and thought she should lol lol

I'm sure I will get my payback soon.:( lol lol

I remove mine with either soap and water or my make up remover. On my eyes I use the makeup remover, only because I always tend to get the soap in my eyes.

Never fails. lol

It isn't hard to get off.

This is really nice to aging skin.

I am 43 and starting to show signs. lol

I love this on me.

Yup she PUSHED me into it!!! I don't post too often, and think I only have posted a couple of my candles one time and even then MEL MADE ME. It's terrible when ya have no confidence that what you make someone might actually like it. :undecided But ty sis, you helping me get over it, slowly. :awww::highfive:

I'm actually using MAC pigments and some Mad Minerals and Sweet Scents at the moment. LOVE the stuff! Although well, being a simple girl, I really only use about... 2-3 colors. My absolute favourite at the moment is MAC's Old Gold... it's natural on me, but it really brightens up my eyes.

Some of the girls here buy mineral makeup (MAC, Mad Minerals, Sweet Scents), repackage and sell by the teaspoon (usually 1/2 or 1/4 tsp), so I get those to save my wallet and since I don't use makeup often. It really lasts and lasts (both in my pot and on my face)! :yay: Maybe we could work something out, Chickie :wink2:

I'll definitely try Chickie's stuff! I have a lot of trouble finding the right foundation for my Asian skin, so what I've been trying to do is actually just get my skin to the point where I don't need foundation :laugh2: I do find I need a concealer though, and I suspect my current one from Bloom (not mineral) is breaking me out! :mad:

I will try to see what I can come up with Jadryga, and post a pic when I get something made.

Yes, I am offering 1/4 tsp in a baggy also for a dollar plus shipping. Make sure that the concealer your using doesn't have bismuth in it, that could be the problem.