Does Anyone Buy From AAA Chemicals

GrandmaArial

The reason I ask is I placed my first order from them a week ago, got an order verification... and nothing since. I emailed them and tryed to call them, but no answer or reply to the email so far... I'm out of lye... I can't make soap... I'm going through withdrawl... everything else I ordered the same day has been delivered...

Should I be worried? I didnt put in a big order, I never do the first time I order from a company... but $40 is $40 and I want my lye! Please someone tell me you deal with them all the time and they are wonderful people I can stop worring and learn some patience.

While I have not ordered for Howard yet, he is on a couple of my Yahoo groups. Many people have ordered from him and he is highly praised. The only reason I have not ordered from him yet is because I have been so busy I have little time for soaping, so I just pick up a few bottles at time from Lowes.

Shannon

Lowes here stopped carring pure sodium hydroxide apperently because its used to make meth... and every other store we have tryed with in a 3 hour drive. The search made for sevveral nice days on the bike. Somehow I doubt it has slowed the meth heads down but it's deffinetly interfering with my addiction!

I don't do Yahoo groups... so not sure how it works... but if you see him online would ya tell him theres an old woman who is haveing hysterics cuz she wants to soap!

Normally Howard is very, very, very good. The last time I talked to him, he mentioned he was out of it and waiting on his supplier to get it to him.

I know he's having to restock a lot of stuff, but I'm not answering for him. You should be able to reach him and odd that you can't. I know he's on other forums and has been posting.

Thank you so much. I feel much reassured. If the rest of you have had good experiences with him then I’m sure he will ship my order as soon as he gets it. he’s probably turned his phone off tired of explaining to people like me we can't get our lye til he gets it… and his suppliers probably don’t care he’s getting calls from crazy soapers!:shocked2:

If you do find out that it will be awhile before Howard is able to ship, let me know and I should have a bit that I can send you to at least let you soap one batch. I can appreciate that soap itch and understand the need to have it scratched.

Thank you Meredith. That is so incredibly nice! But I just heard my email ding… and it was notice he’s shipped my order! I feel like a heroin addict that just scored! :P

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:you simply must get a grip, grandma! and i don't mean on a can of lye!:laugh2:

Sheesh.. Grandma.. I think I am just as bad as you! I keep looking at how much I have left and I feel a mild panic starting. I have 15#'s on its way, but since it is not here, I am getting a bit nervous! I keep assessing my oils stock to remind myself that I need to make a Walmart run to get some more Coconut oil and Crisco! To think that I came here to learn more about candles.. now I am saying.. candles.. whaaat candles.. oh.. those... they are okay.. but man.. you should check out my soap! LOL!

Thank you Meredith. That is so incredibly nice! But I just heard my email ding… and it was notice he’s shipped my order! I feel like a heroin addict that just scored! :P

:laugh2: You ladies are too funny...firegirl, I think I am in the same boat..

I came here too, to make candles,,and right now all I am doing is reading reading and more reading about soap..and tring to find the right supplier for all this stuff..have you checked out mission peak soap..they are in the bay area of Calif. I think they had a post on their web site for a lye supplier.