What's your favorite candle making tool?

Scented: OK don't shoot me for this ... but one that works.

I am SO with you on that one! There was a fella who used to post on a stained glass board who called certain tools "SNUP" - Serves No Useful Purpose. Stores, catalogues and websites (and my garbage can) are FULL of SNUP stuff!!:laugh2:

My favorite tool my husband made me. He crafted , out of his own imagination, a tool to stick my wicks down the inside of my jar. It is a metal coathanger with a circle at the end and it is perfect for sliding your wick into the jar and centering it... My second favorite is my presto pot. I told my husband that he should patent it.

Well......first of all I like the tools that I can find. I have noticed that if I buy things in bright colors it helps. I end up with such a mess that I drive myself crazy looking for something. I love my heat guns and digital scales. I also love my old small lampshade rings for a wick centering tool. I already had them so I didn't have to buy anything. Just put a piece of metal tape over the small hole and poked my rod through it. It is so easy to set the ring on top of the mold and center it. Donita

Definitely my heat gun, along with my pyrex measuring cup and indexed shot glass for measuring oils.

I'm still trying to find new wick centering ideas. I have two bars, but of course, two aren't enough. Right now I use straws that I've poked holes in the center. Only problem is they slide sometimes, and fall apart eventually.

How do you use a hollowed out pen?

Thanks!

Definitely my heat gun, along with my pyrex measuring cup and indexed shot glass for measuring oils.

I'm still trying to find new wick centering ideas. I have two bars, but of course, two aren't enough. Right now I use straws that I've poked holes in the center. Only problem is they slide sometimes, and fall apart eventually.

How do you use a hollowed out pen?

Thanks!

The pen is used to slide the wick through and then press the wicktab into the jar. We use craft sticks (like popsicle sticks, only wider, and drill a hole in the center of the stick) to secure the wicks. After securing your wick tab in the jar, slide the wick through the hole in the stick, tug the wick slightly, bend onto the stick and secure with a small clothespin.

The pen is used to slide the wick through and then press the wicktab into the jar. We use craft sticks (like popsicle sticks, only wider, and drill a hole in the center of the stick) to secure the wicks. After securing your wick tab in the jar, slide the wick through the hole in the stick, tug the wick slightly, bend onto the stick and secure with a small clothespin.

Thanks! I'll have to try that! :)

Violet, depending on the size of the Jar I use just clothespins to center the wick, on my 8ozers it works out well to lay the clothesoin on its side, then pull the wich through the hole in the spring! the clothes pin centers it really well!