Mottled good and bad

Donita

I made these yesterday....same wax, same temp, molds cleaned with WD40 and sprayed with silicone. Heated molds slightly. Poured at 180. The three round pillars came out fine, I made 4 of the tall layers and they all stuck in the molds just a little to make them look rustic.......anyone have ideas why in the world they did this?....I haven't used these molds for a long time, that is the only thing I can think of.....but they were sooooooooo clean...I was extra careful. Donita

post-248-139458382079_thumb.jpg

I made these yesterday....same wax, same temp, molds cleaned with WD40 and sprayed with silicone. Heated molds slightly. Poured at 180. The three round pillars came out fine, I made 4 of the tall layers and they all stuck in the molds just a little to make them look rustic.......anyone have ideas why in the world they did this?....I haven't used these molds for a long time, that is the only thing I can think of.....but they were sooooooooo clean...I was extra careful. Donita

Hi Donita,

The only possible thing I could think of is that you layered your molds wanting to create a rustic effect to the squares. With the inconsistant amount of cold and heat applied to the mold could have resulted in that end result.

I can't see it having an effect on the candle because of the age of the mold, especially if you cleaned them exactly the same as the rounds. Are both sets of molds seamless aluminum or steel? That may have an impact.

I just made crystal palm in round molds and of course they come out with a very consistant colour and crystal effect to the finished product. When I applied the same wax, colouring, temperature and f/o to my squares, they come out with a slightly different look. I will take photos and show you the difference. My molds are all seamless aluminum that I did them in. Who knows...it may well be the square to the round????

They are disgusting, dispickable, garbage, I'm ammazed you posted those pix. What you beter do is...."put 'em in a box, and ship 'em to the good old boy in Canada eh!". Then I can tell everyone here that I made them and get all the credit. Damn Donita, they sure look good to me. (smile)

I think they are all very nice. I like the look of your layered one. You know now, that it will be the new "look" that everyone will want to try now, and you won't be able to duplicate it. That is always the way it works, LOL!

I think you are right....the cooling and heating in the layers could play havoc with the wax....I will try one today, not layered and see what happens...thanks Celicagtea... Donita

And NO Tucker...make your own....you know how to do it just fine!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
They are disgusting, dispickable, garbage, I'm ammazed you posted those pix. What you beter do is...."put 'em in a box, and ship 'em to the good old boy in Canada eh!". Then I can tell everyone here that I made them and get all the credit. Damn Donita, they sure look good to me. (smile)

That's ok Tucker, I'll take them, I mean someone has to do the dirty job of a matyr and I'm real good at it!!!

:laugh2:

Donita, I'm so impressed again!!! They look great!

I'm glad this thread got bumped into my attention. Fabulous mottles, Donita.

Seriously, we really need to see some of your uguliest creations so we can be sure that you're human. I'm inclined to think you're somewhere between humanity & divinity. Jeez, the stuff that comes thru you ... *sigh* & I'm just a mere mortal.