My very first palm pillar!!!

suzanneg

Okay! Here it is!!!!!!!!!! I used CS Starburst Palm wax, wick-CSN11, Mold -Metal 3 x 3, Fragrance is Black Cherry, Coloring - suppose to be a darker blackish/reddish color but it turned out too light! LOL

suzannepillar1.jpg

Now I HAD to light it to test burn it, so this is the start of the test burn!:yay: nice looking melt pool so far!!!!!:laugh2: at least it is nice and round and not warpy!!!!!

I will send other pics when the melt pool reaches another hour mark!

suzannepillarstartburn.jpg

Very pretty and that is the same wick I use and works most of the time in my pillars that size. You will probably need to burn it for about 3-4 hours to really get a good idea of how that size wick will work. Mine makes a real pretty shell. Of course once I light one it burns forever. I am a power burner!:yay:

Suzanne, that's a pretty pillar! Don't fret too much about the color - getting the "feel" of coloring palm wax takes time because the crystals make the candle appear lighter. With an 11, you should get a nice shell. Be sure to turn it every so often... How do YOU like it? Does it smell wonderful yet?:yay:

Nice pillar Suzanne.....Actually the color of your pillar shows off the starburst pattern very well.....now I want to try some of their starburst wax.I've been using their frosted palm wax in containers and still testing away with that.

I also made a black cherry container using CS's burgundy liquid dye. It seems to have worked very well....now if I can just find the magic wick for my containers I will be a very happy person.

Mike