How do you seal lotion before shipping?

rae_g

I've had a customer tell me that her lotion bottle opened up in transit and she had a big messy lotioney mess. :( Is there any way to prevent this that will still look professional? I'm not sure I just want to tape around the bottle cap and I'm not sure if those sealing discs will really do the job. I can't imagine that shrink wrap would work that well either. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have the bayousome.com seals and they are great! Very professional. I use them in all of my packaging even the ones I am not shipping. I think that it is a safety issue. I worry about product tampering, and a lot of my clients remark about the seal and really like it. I know that I try not to buy anything that has not been sealed.

Shannon

Sleeping Waters

I also use the bayousome seals on everything. I ship VERY little, but my small group of local customers like the fact that they are sealed in this way.

I also use the shrink bands with all of my jars from them for added protection. I've gotten a lot of postive feedback indicating that the customer has confidence that the jars have not been opened over and over. However, I'm not crazy about how the shrink bands look on the malibus.

Thanks for the Bayousome link. They look great! It says they work well if correctly applied. How do you apply them? And does anyone know which sizes fit 2 oz and 8 oz bottles? I'm not sure my own ruler-measuring will be accurate enough and I don't have time to mis-order and reorder correctly...

Thanks for the Bayousome link. They look great! It says they work well if correctly applied. How do you apply them? And does anyone know which sizes fit 2 oz and 8 oz bottles? I'm not sure my own ruler-measuring will be accurate enough and I don't have time to mis-order and reorder correctly...

I would like to know this too. I don't see it on their web site.

Irena

The size of the seal is directly related to the size of the cap required for the container. Cap sizes are denoted as Neck Diameter/Thread Style (20/410, 24/410, Etc)

To install the seals, you should make sure the lip of the container is clean and free of oily residue. This is easily accomplished by wiping with a paper towel and some Isopropyl Alcohol. I will be adding instructions to the web site in the next few days. Jar sized seals come with instructions in the pack.

You should test the seals with your product to ensure compatibility prior to shipping to your customer.

Bill Griffith

BayouSome.com, Inc