Tradewinds

So about 2 plus weeks ago I placed an order for a few oils. They never showed so I emailed a few times and didn't hear a word.

Today I get an email that the order I placed on June 28th has shipped! WTF?! Is tradewinds always this long to ship? I'm in utter shock! Is the CS always so sucky? I'd email and complain again but they don't return emails.

Ugh.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, I love a few of their fragrances, but the CS is horrible. I have decided that there are plenty of suppliers out there that will provide a means in order to be contacted. Their prices are pretty high as well. I figure if a business wants your order, they will make themselves available. There are a few other suppliers out there that don't have phone numbers listed, but I have to say, they are pretty good about getting back to you via email.. I can live with that. It is too bad that it is the only place that supplies Select Shades..

I also get an oil there that I can only find that this one supplier. You know they can't possibly be that busy to not mail the order out a little sooner.

You are right. There are so many other suppliers that mail out within days. Never in my life have I had to wait this long for an oil. I hardly ever complain out anything either but I want to warn people too.

Yep, they suck CS wise. I really loved some of their oils. Their loss, I would buy pretty often if felt like I could rely on them to ship my orders! But I dropped them entirely, after having to do a paypal claim to get my money back cuz they were not returning my calls or e-mails.

I just posted that I have been trying to contact them for almost a week.. phone calls, emails ect and no response. Got some bad oils. They pretty much have lost my business.. not worth the aggrevation. I won't deal with a supplier that makes me leave my customers hanging.

I have always received fantastic customer service and lightning fast shipping from Tradewinds. I rarely order from them any longer. However, I really needed Select Shades and had no choice. I purchased from them last week, paid via paypal, and received my order within three days. I have never had a single problem with this company. I think that it is so sad that so many people have issues with them that are obviously valid. I only buy Select Shades from Tradewinds now. They are just not a reliable supplier for me at all as far as fragrance goes. They were my main supplier for FO's. However their Lily of the Valley has been out of stock for at least a year. (I would do just about anything for this oil!) They are no longer stocking any oil that is out of stock. I would not be surprised if they quit selling FO's altogether.

Yeah, it's a shame about Tradewinds. They have two of my favorite scents there that are often times out of stock and takes 6 months or more to come in. And as everyone else has said, emails are not answered. They lost my business too. I won't deal with a supplier that cares so little about it's customers that it can't even reply to a lousy email or keep their fragrance oils in stock so that we can depend on them being there in the future for our own customers. I guess they don't take their business seriously.

Tradewinds Fragrance Company

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: 1808

Detailed Invoice: https://ssl.mainsecure.net/~twfc/shop/index.php?main_page=account_history_info&order_id=1808

Date Ordered: Thursday 28 June, 2007

Your order has been updated to the following status:

New status: Shipped

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Yeah, I have replied but you don't answer. If you are reading this give me my money back. I don't want your oils!

Don't mind me everyone. I'm just doing this for my own records and also to warn people to NOT order from Tradewinds.

Order #1808

Order Date: Thursday 28 June, 2007 Products2 xMELE KALIKIMAKA

- Size: 16 oz $31.00Sub-Total:$31.00

United States Postal Service (1 x 3.40lbs) (Priority Mail (2 - 3 days)):$14.95

Shipping Insurance:$0.00Total:$45.95

Status History & Comments 06/28/2007

Pending 06/28/2007

PendingPayPal status: Completed @ 10:43:39 Jun 28, 2007 PDT

06/28/2007Processing

07/13/2007Shipped (Says 2-3 days up above, yet 11 days later I have nothing.)

Sorry this is happening to you. I got a shipped notice today also...but just ordered last week.

I know I am probably different than most....but when I find a good oil and the supplier is slow like molasses...I usually make a rule of thumb to reorder when I get down to a pound or two of the order depending on its popularity.

So by the time it gets here I am not totally out.

If a supplier is slow and the oils don't rock - I don't reorder.