Rustic Pillar Tutorial

Does someone want to post one in the Tutorials.....

Does someone want to tell me why I think this may be soooo hard?

I'm too shy to post in the tutorials and the reason you think it's hard is cause you haven't done it yet!!:wink2:

Pm'd you and Sara

right' date=' as soon as i get some more stearin, i promise i'll try it that way :)

mind you i think a big prob with mine was the mould, was loads of rustic left inside, almost as if it had been peeled off the candle[/quote']

Couple of things come to mind there:

1) up your pour temp a couple of degrees

2) did you cool them in a fridge/freezer? If so, don't do that.

Pam I didn't get your PM, JSYK :)

They really aren't as hard as they seem, and the fun part is that you really get to "play" with the wax. I never took temps on mine, mostly waited until it got cool enough in the pot to form a skin, stir it in and then pour. The most difficult part (for me) was figuring out the right time/temp (w/o taking temps, still) to pour so that the layers stick.

Well, did you make one, huh? huh? did ya? huh?

Not yet....after I left work today I took my step-daughter and her sister shopping. Now, I am back at work. I will try to get to it this week. I did accomplish something B&B though :yay: ....at least one of my goals were made.

I'll post my first ever picture when I do make them.