Money Candle

My mom's into online poker (been to vegas in the WSOP last summer) and she has been on a "bad luck streak" and I was googling for money candle scents, hoping to find a scent that could bring money (just like the green color is suppose to), and I came a cross this: http://www.candleme.com/moneycandle.html Have any of you ever seen this? Done this? How would you keep the money protected? I am new and just been cruising around the WWW and am finding all these facinating ways to make a candle. (going to need to put a hand mixer on my shopping list) Good thing I have a 1 GB hard drive...my favorites are getting a workout. :laugh2:

Oh, and all the scents.....OMG!!! That's going to be the toughest part of this buisness for me. I am seriously thinking about doing pre orders so I don't waste too much money on scents that won't sell in my area. Either that or a survey type deal.

Dawn

What an interesting site...even has Shaklee products! I guess if you have the creativity your mind will lead you to do these unique things. I don't think I have it!! Never saw anything like that money candle before.

Oh...go into candlemaking supplies on that site and read his story!

The money candle idea has been around for a very long time my Dad use to bring one home every time he went through Las Vegas.I can not for the life of me remember how the money was protected I was pretty young and I have thought about it for a couple of years and the only thing I can think of is the money is rolled up in foil.

Old Virginia Candles Co. has a money candle & they come in different shapes. You can get anything from $1.00 to $50.00. They are wrapped in tin foil & the dollars are sometimes coins. I have them in my store. Haven't sold alot of them but they are unique.:rolleyes2

I love the idea of a money candle! Someone got me one years ago~it was shaped like a star and I believe it had $5 rolled up in tin foil.

Would love to attempt it, but don't have the spare cash to put in (darn supplies!).

Good luck if you try it...and post some pics, would love to see!

Sara

I bought one years ago for a gift that was a pyramid shape and was to have anywhere from $1 to $50 in it. Of course, it was a silver dollar and not the $50.00. I've also seen ones that are called treasure candles and will have little pewter shaped pieces in that are revealed as the candle burns.