Help with craft show

kimmeroo

:grin2: Hi everyone!

I have ben roaming the board for a few months and thought I could get some expert advise!!!;)

I need some help with choosing scents for a BIG craft show in October...I know it sounds silly...but I also own a soft ice cream shop soooo...I need to start now.

Right now I have Pine, Balsam,Spiced Cranberry,Christmas Wreath,Mulberry and tht's it....help!!!!

TIA Kimmeroo

Sad thing is can't really help you except try some traditional scents like pumpkin pie, spicy stuff and take a look around your area as to what moves. In my area it might be honeysuckle, rose, lavender and gardenia ... not really October scents right? lol.

I am with you Toni on the Creme Brulee selling, we sell it year round like hotcakes.

But I would tell you to have plenty of bakery on hand. Anything that reminds people of the holidays and the cooking sells. Christmas Splendor, Apple Jack and Peel, and cider smells do well too. But just bakery in general does well for us. HTH

Apple Jack and Orange Cranberry Spice are two of my best sellers. I wish people would opt for change--I always introduce new holiday scents and always sell out of those same two scents--for the last three holiday seasons running.

When I do shows, I usually take about 15-20 scents, half fall/xmas scents and the other half various scents like a couple bakery, couple floral, fruity/berry and some dupes--mainly B&BW.

We always have more of the Fall fragrances like Pumpkin Pie & Harvest, available, but I try to take all my fragrances to every show I do, because someone will always ask for the one I left at home.

One complete end of our display is always our own blends, and people seem impressed when I mention that. Most visitors will spend a good bit of time on that end of the table before sampling anything else.

My advice? Take 'em all.

Fredron

Just an idea for future shows, I don't do candles, I do B&B, but I keep spreadsheets of what scents I sell and when. I see a very distinct pattern of what sells when so I can better prepare for Christmas shows vs spring and summer shows. Most is common "scents" (ha) but there are some others that sell well at times where I wouldn't think it would sell at all.

Oh, and always have some basic favorites (like vanilla) on hand.

You named alot of Christmas ones but for me I like a fall food scent. "Hot Fudge Brownie". In fact doing a show today and I need it but made alot of others. Someone at my last show commented on that scent saying they love it for the holidays.Oh and with your soft serve ice cream shop. Tie it in with the craft show.LynnS

I got some pumpkin pie and gingerbread & spice FO last year for CP soap and sold very few bars. Even the cinnamin, which I made with EO, didn't sell as quickly as I thought they would. I was surprised but that was my first holiday season selling soaps. Maybe candles are different. I like the cinnamin and Christmas tree smells during the holidays. I gave reed diffusers out to family for the holidays with the Christmas Tree FO and they were all thrilled with the scent. I don't think it would go over in soap though!