My new soap mold

I looked around quite a bit for a soap mold that would meet my needs but couldn't find one. Every mold I saw out there, was way too flimsy and you could only make one size batch in them. If they had a cutter attached, the cutter was at a set width. I decided to design and create my own. the size of the batch is completely adjustable from 0 lbs to 6 lbs. In the pics it's set to make a 3 lb batch. The cutter (not finished in these pics) is also completely adjustable to give you the exact width bar you want. I'm currently in the process of designing a bar mold like an 18 bar Kelsei for Texas Brat.

Please let me know what you think. If you would be interested in one, PM me. I could make them to whatever your specifcations are.

post-1678-139458429155_thumb.jpg

post-1678-139458429158_thumb.jpg

post-1678-139458429159_thumb.jpg

post-1678-13945842916_thumb.jpg

Wow...that is one cool looking mold you got there! I can't wait to see the cutter!

I hear on looking for that perfect mold. I gave up trying and just ended up sketching what I wanted with the dimensions I wanted and the features I wanted and sent hubby to Lowe's. And now I have 8 molds that I couldn't be happier with! :laugh2:

Donna

This mold is truely awesome and well built and is sturdy, I have seen it in person. I can't wait for mine to be built. It's so cool, you can have two different batches in one mold and then scoot it to the end for cutting.

Scented, I'm still alive after the request of how I wanted mine built.:grin2:

Thanks everyone. I'll post new pics with the finished cutter as soon as I can. The mold is made to be used unlined but a mold release would make unmolding a little easier. You could line it if you wanted though. It comes completely apart by loosening the hardware and everything is dishwasher safe. I haven't seen a need to put it through the dishwasher yet because it wipes clean pretty easily with water.

OMG... that mold is the shiznit! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Jeff, you have skills. Seriously.

What a fabulous mold. I am pondering if I should even ask to send you my MC mold- I would LOVE a liner less mold the same size. Doesn't have to have the cutter glides, either.

I wouldn't need your other mold. Just give me the dimensions you want it to be.

I need to clarify this because I probably didn't word it correctly in my original post and someone just asked me: The cutting blade itself does not come with it. The mold has an adjustable cutting guide.

I wouldn't need your other mold. Just give me the dimensions you want it to be.

I know my weaknesses, and measuring or anything to do with it is not my forte'. I am not even joking. LOL!

As soon as I get some soaping wrapped up, I am going to PM you for your address and send you this mold. I think the bigger one would be hard to duplicate, it makes 32 bars and it is large. But the 16 bar would be ideal, and I could use the original MC mold to cut the bars after it is unmolded.

Thank you for being so kind, and talented! :highfive:

Thank you for being so kind, and talented! :highfive:
Oh you have no idea, he built all the cabinets in his kitchen and they are beautiful. He is very precise with his measurments and is good at what he does. You won't be sorry having him make you a mold.

Oh you have no idea, he built all the cabinets in his kitchen and they are beautiful. He is very precise with his measurments and is good at what he does. You won't be sorry having him make you a mold.

Thanks Brat. Now I feel like I should post a pic of my kitchen cabinets.:P

Oh but I do, my father was very talented/skilled as well.

I can imagine the kitchen is beautiful, as the counter tops look like granite.

Not a mold TB, I meant molds. LOL!! :)

Oh but I do, my father was very talented/skilled as well.

I can imagine the kitchen is beautiful, as the counter tops look like granite.

Not a mold TB, I meant molds. LOL!! :)

Molds?? lol I think you are going to be busy for a while Jeff. :grin2:

I see some smaller pieces that I guess go up the sides for some reason. What are those for? Can it be set up to make one long log?

Those are part of the divider (re-designing it). They easily lift out so you can pour a full 6 lb batch.