Gonna vent about my wicks, my jars and so far my day

I've been testing some wicks trying to get a FMP in my 4" jars.... I have burning for 2 days now... HTP93,104,105,126,1212, and 13something (can't remember the number).

*SIGH* How freaking hard can it be to wick a jar, burn the candle and not get any black crap in the wax????:confused: Apparently I have my answer... it's hard.:waiting:

I give!!!! I completely give!!!! These candles have my arm twisted behind my back and me screaming UNCLE!!:eek:

These are stupid 4" apothecary jars.... It's not like I'm wicking the International Space Station! MOTHEROFGAWWWWD!!!!!! :mad: Giving birth was easier than wicking these dumb @ss jars!*faint*

That's it... I'm going back to my CD's and double wicking and I'm just going to have to make a little peace with a tiny bit of black stuff in the wax...

And on top of all that... I yelled at my Mother *sigh* Now I have to call her back and apologize for being a jerk.:embarasse

Kimberly

Welcome to the VERY frustrating world of candle jars and wicking!! :laugh2: The best part is that after you find the wick you like, you'll probably change jars down the road and start the whole mess all over again!! :embarasse Have fun!

Those 4" jars are a real PITA to wick...I have to double wick in them unless I want the towering inferno and shrooms the size of manhattan! The bigger LX's work, but the results...fugly!! I'm going through the same frustration with a 3" square...can get it down in a heartbeat with LX wicks, but they leave a mess in the wax...I just bought some HTP 105's hope they don't leave a mess.

I have the worst urge when I see your name to yell....

STELLLLLLAAAA!!!!!:laugh2:

As a matter of fact, I did do that one day at the computer screen and the husband yelled back," what the Hell is going on in there???"

Kimberly

Everito Bandito,

I needed to hear that there is someone besides myself that gets a tiny bit of black in their soy when they've burned for awhile.

I'm starting to feel crazy because my husband now starts whispering around me when I'm worked up over the wicks..."oooooo, a wicking problem. There's only a BILLION on the candle table to use and choose from.":laugh2:

LOL.... I just had a thought!!!! Some night when he's really tired and sleeping deep, I ought to super glue some wicks to his face!!!! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: OMG! I think I'm going to wet myself! I'm gonna have to try that on him.

Kim

Don't feel too bad...I don't think my husband has ever even lit a candle in his life but daily he gives me suggestions to make my candles better! So far I haven't super glued any wicks to him, but I can think of better places than his face if I ever do!!! I gently remind him that I have this wonderful forum where actual chandlers reply to answer all my questions...which reminds me again to THANK ALL OF YOU!!!! for all your input and support...some days I think I'd quit without it.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i sure am glad i am not the only crazy person here :P

why do we punish ourselves so? I to use 4" jars..i bought every wick size that i could find..none of them worked single..I finally choose the cd wicks..it depends on the FO but I use from 8's to 12...doubled...i have only had one FO leave black soot in my melt pool..and that was peach ambrosia..and it has been discontinued..but i don't want to toot my horn to loud,,mine all may start sooting tomorrow..:cry2:

oh my what a crazy candle world..:yay:

Nope, not the only crazy one...note the name...it's really backwards, should say Krazy Kandle maker!! I actually thought about buying more wicks today, I should be shot...don't know what stopped me...I probably heard my husband coming and had to close the web page down!:laugh2:

I've had some luck with the superior 870, I think it was. I'll have to double check my notes, but this was on the 4" square jar from wally world. I might have an extra or two if anyone wants to try one, again, I'll have to check. (geez, not alot of help here, eh?)

Other than that, I haven't even come close to the apothecary yet! :laugh2:

But this thread did make me laugh, and almost wet myself as well! Dayum 40's!!

hugs,

Suzy