Snowflake Pillars..... at last

Its just normal paraffin. No additives at all.

I couldn't figure how I was doing it, first one was by accident lol.

So I tried replicating it, from my very precise notes ;)

I'm still not sure exactly whats causing it, I'm using 6% fo, but.... i had samples of eggnog and christmas splendor, both only 3%, the christmas splendor worked, the egg nog didn't!? so not sure its the 6% fo, only thing I can think of is the pouring temp.

Lord knows lol

Andrea, soz, just lit the red one ;) and the sugar cookies, couldn't wait any longer :D

Its just normal paraffin. No additives at all.

I couldn't figure how I was doing it' date=' first one was by accident lol.

So I tried replicating it, from my very precise notes ;)

I'm still not sure exactly whats causing it, I'm using 6% fo, but.... i had samples of eggnog and christmas splendor, both only 3%, the christmas splendor worked, the egg nog didn't!? so not sure its the 6% fo, only thing I can think of is the pouring temp.

Lord knows lol

Andrea, soz, just lit the red one ;) and the sugar cookies, couldn't wait any longer :D[/quote']

think i might have to cry now lol you could of lit one of the others!!!!

havent got any cinnamon left, or christmas splendor, OR eggnog, blimey, I need to get saving if I'm to test this lot and make enough for a craft fair!!

will make you another if I have the stuff and send it with your bananananananas rofl :laugh2: :highfive:

Those look great.

Did you know this is just a form of Mottle, just a different look? Did you know they will morph over time and not stay the same. I made some mottled wax melts to show as sample colors, and after a year their is not mottle to them what so ever.

wasn't sure what they were, except pretty lol.

I'm making them for a craft show in October, is 4 months ok, you think?

Would hate to make them up within the next few weeks and them have morphed by the show :(

Will post the initial test burn piccies later. Not sure an LX10 is ok for them :( sugar cookies, nearly ;) burst its bank on one side and the cinnamon, really struggled, not sure if the melt pool is wide enough, but there was some mould sealer on the wick and it really struggled to take off

The candles are beautiful. I like the mottle effect and love the colors.. I have had candles that didn't have much mottle become more mottled after awhile. The chemistry of the mottle is very interesting. Molecules just running wild. Donita

Hi Donita

these burn beautifully too. As they are glowing you can see 'pieces' in the pillar. The cinnamon is amazing. THat was a little bottle I got from a local craft shop and I hated it the minute I opened the bottle. Cinnamon just smells to medicinal for me.

However, the COLD throw on this is amazing. Its in the lounge and you can smell it unlit, coming down the stairs! Good job its grown on me :)

I checked the eggnog one that didnt' work, and it has a couple of piece of mottle on now! very strange.

Thanks guys :)

Anjie, it smells gorgeous, its sugar cookies. Smells just like warm digestive biscuits to me :)

They are all burning ok with an LX10 except the green one, christmas splendor, thats struggling. Tiny little flame that just wants to go to sleep.

Is there a way to pull out your wick, or do you have to remelt? I've always melted them down and remade

When I have to pull the wick out of a pillar I grab it at the bottom with my (MY! :grin2: ) pliers and I twist the pliers so the wick winds round them, this loosens the wick and gets it going then you can just tug it out, makes a little bit of a mess of the bottom of the candle but hell its the bottom and no one sees it and you are only testing :P Then I heat a metal skewer and pass it through the existing wick hole to make it bigger (from top to bottom), coat a new wick in wax, lay it out flat to harden then poke it back through the candle from the top (so any melted wax that comes out with the new wick doesn't ruin the top of your candle - do i sound like someone who pulls her wicks out way too often getting them outa the mould?? LOL), then I heat a small wick pin and hold it to the entrance of the wick at the top to melt it a tiny bit and hold the wick in place.

HTH....and makes sense!

Anjie,x.

I'm still not sure exactly whats causing it' date=' I'm using 6% fo, but.... i had samples of eggnog and christmas splendor, both only 3%, the christmas splendor worked, the egg nog didn't!? so not sure its the 6% fo, only thing I can think of is the pouring temp.[/quote']

No, its almost definately the FO - I had sort of the same experience - same FO scent - but different suppliers - and look at the difference in mottling:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27261