Recent Containers

Here're a couple of our recent container candles (8 oz. wide mouth canning jars & 2 oz votives).

The lavender & vanilla smells great and I don't even like vanilla or lavender alone...

053107054.jpg

The ginger bergamot is awesome.

053107050.jpg

The little votives are lavender & vanilla, palmwood & hibiscus, ginger bergamot, cool citrus basil, Obsession (women's type) & tuscan herb (type)

053107058.jpg

Thanks for lookin'. :D

• 4 months later...

Very nice love the swirls. And like everyone else I love the votive containers. They look like little milk jug to me, very pretty candles. Good job.

I hate lavender but love vanilla and am really surprised at the scent the two together smells like. I just got one from NG Downy L&V and think I kinda like it. Do not like the ones I mixed or KY's, CW or several others but this one isn't bad.

How do you do your swirls? I have tried the drop of color and then swirl but it just doesn't give a soft swirl. Next time I think I'll add to pour pot and then pour. Maybe that will work.

Sharon, I made the batch and scented it. Then I filled one pour pot with white and another one with a little DARK blue-purple. I poured ~ 2/3 full with white, let it start getting slushy, then circled with the dark color... waited a few moments until it began to get slushy, then more white. After that all got kinda slushy, I poked around in it a little with a bamboo skewer - kinda like you would with a marble cake or brownies...

I never thought of that, but those votives DO look like those little cream pitchers that used to be used at fancy-schmancy restaurants! :)

That lavendar-vanilla really surprised me as I am not real huge on lavender... I kept craving a pastry that would taste just like it smelled! :)

Hi Stella, I agree with the lavander vanilla. Have you ever thought of lavander and lemon? I have a friend that wanted me to blend those two for a reed diffuser and WOW it smells great! I never would have guessed that it would smell so good. I don't care for lavander by itself but with the lemon, OMG it is good! Give it a try. Oh, by the way, your candles look great!

Hi Stella, I agree with the lavender vanilla. Have you ever thought of lavender and lemon? I have a friend that wanted me to blend those two for a reed diffuser and WOW it smells great! I never would have guessed that it would smell so good. I don't care for lavender by itself but with the lemon, OMG it is good! Give it a try. Oh, by the way, your candles look great!

Guess it's because I don't like lavender or the fact I had to use London lemon curd. But I hated the two together. Still have the two q-tips in a bag, just smell it again... yuck... I need a lemon drop kind of scent, I guess.

Very nice.

I too don't really care for lavender, but LOVE me some CS's lavender vanilla. :D

Hey, those little votive jars are darling, do they have a lid, or did you just put a label on top or is it cardstock? Whatever it is, I like it. :)