Making Marble Container Candles?

I have just started making soy candles for a company and she wants marble soy candles. Does anyone know how to make the marble look in the containers? I found in the techniques and ideas on how to make marbled pillars, and was wondering if I would do it almost the same way in the container candles, somone please help, I need to know as soon as possible as we have a line of candles that she wants marbled coming out in July!! And help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tiffaney

Use liquid dye, pour a drop or two into your pour pot right before you pour into your container. It will swirl as it fills the container. Some have said to give it a swirl with a spoon or whatever you use to mix FO, but I just let it swirl as I pour it into the container.

ETA: the candle looks pretty bad after it's burned because the swirl doesn't last. Sooo... you have colored wax from your melt pool sitting on top of swirl.

Are you sure the customer wants a 'marbled' container candle? Maybe they just used the word marbled but mean something else. There are different effects and looks that can be achieved by blending waxes or additives to the soy.

I would be uneasy about making a marbled soy container candle and selling it to a customer especially if you have never tried it before.

If you want something ready to go in less than two weeks, best of luck. Liquid dye is the only thing that works, as far as I know. I've never had liquid dye leave specks, just chips or blocks.

Sometimes, I think the best thing to do is be honest and tell a potential buyer that you simply can't have a candle fully prepared and tested in a short time frame. There is a heart breaking post in the off-topic section about a friend of a chandler leaving a candle burning and a subsequent fire. This hobby/business of ours is serious... and should be taken as such.

Tiffaney

If you do make one would you let us know how it works and maybe post a pic? If a marbled soy container candle works it might be real pretty.

I love the marbled pillars but have only seen the marbled pillar candles done in parrafin.