Chunk & Different Candles

Hi guys!!!

Hope you like them!!!

The first one is just chunk: light purple with grape scent (in the photo looks like pink!!!)

2366331460101417851roBKNM_th.jpg

2682334280101417851VmWEwQ_th.jpg

The second one is a technique that I learned in a Mexico Candle Store. It is called "Talavera" but don´t know how to translate it. It is supposed to have some swirls. I don´t know if I will do another one, it consumes a lot o time!!!

2578232030101417851ATxDOJ_th.jpg

2361018400101417851hZRdNN_th.jpg

Those look really great!

I think The Candlemaker's Companion or the Encyclopedia of candlemaking has instructions for doing the second one, it is similar to Millefiori isnt it?

Don´t know if it is similar to Millefiori. I´ll try to explain it and afterwards if you know the technique pls tell me!!!

Here we go:

The first step is really easy because the only thing you need to do is a Pillar in whatever color you like.

At the same time you would like to do the other part (the complicated one):

You will need a special wax (it’s a sticky wax) and a cookie sheet or something to pour the wax (apply a cooking spray or something). Divide the wax in two or more because you will need two or more colors (in my case I used pink and purple). Pour the purple wax on the cookie sheet (you need a very thin layer only) when it is just a little dry, you will need to pour the other layer (pink wax), and afterwards pour another layer (purple wax). At the end you will have three layers on the cookie sheet. You will need to wait until it is really dry. When this happens you will have to make a roll with the wax and then cut it in small peaces (see the photo). As it is sticky so you only need to ”paste” them on the Pillar as they had glue.

2963326020101417851iTCoRL_th.jpg

That’s it I think!!!

Where do you buy 'sticky wax'? is it really called 'sticky wax' or does it have another name??? that is so awesome!

Hi & thanks for your comment!!!

Sorry but don´t know how the wax is called :confused: ... I know it in spanish as "cera de contacto" but in english, don´t have any idea!!!

Hope someone could help you!!!

I love the second one!

Would you share how you did that one?

Thanks!

Irena

Hi Irena!!!

The explanation goes like this:

Here we go:

The first step is really easy because the only thing you need to do is a Pillar in whatever color you like.

At the same time you would like to do the other part (the complicated one):

You will need a special wax (it’s a sticky wax) and a cookie sheet or something to pour the wax (apply a cooking spray or something). Divide the wax in two or more because you will need two or more colors (in my case I used pink and purple). Pour the purple wax on the cookie sheet (you need a very thin layer only) when it is just a little dry, you will need to pour the other layer (pink wax), and afterwards pour another layer (purple wax). At the end you will have three layers on the cookie sheet. You will need to wait until it is really dry. When this happens you will have to make a roll with the wax and then cut it in small peaces (see the photo). As it is sticky so you only need to ”paste” them on the Pillar as they had glue.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://thumb11.webshots.net/t/52/452/3/26/2/2963326020101417851iTCoRL_th.jpg' alt='2963326020101417851iTCoRL_th.jpg'>