I need some help re someone stealing my website pics..

I ran across this seller on Etsy when I was browsing around and noticed that she had my cinnamon bun picture listed. I also noticed she had a website so I went there to check things out and was shocked to see she that ALL of her tart pictures (in the Tart catagory) were mine!!!! I've already emailed her and of course I haven't gotten a reply yet....what else can I do to get her to take them down???

Anyone that sells online should check out her pictures on both places because she has a wide variety of bath and body, soap, candles and tarts and gel pies posted with pictures i'm sure aren't hers.

Website is www.myplaceinthecountry.net

Etsy link is http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5040116

I'm not sure is she's a member here but her name is Angie and she's from Deleon Springs Florida.

Is she linking to your pictures or did she save them to her hard drive? If she is linking, you can edit your pictures to say that she is a thief, it will then show up on her site! I know that is bad, but I think that is hilarious when you go to a site and the pictures say, "I stole this picture".

I would email her and wait for her response. You can also go to godaddy.com and enter her website and if she hasn't registered by proxy, you can find out her information and take it from there.

She is not allowed to do that, but you would be the one who would have to force her--as in getting a lawyer. Usually I think embarassment and a few well worded letters can do the trick.

Sherri, I hope your email was very very very rude!!!

I'm sorry!! I don't know what else you can do, but please accept this advice from me: get a watermarking software for your pics!

I have one and it's free, it's Media resizer (free edition)

It lets you put a stamp on your pics. the difference in doing it with a common photo editing software is that a layer is added to add your signature, so anyone could open the pic and take off the new layer added. The watermark can't be removed!!

Contact Etsy and let them know their member is using your pics without your permission. Etsy should be able to intervene on your behalf. As for her website, see if you can find out who is hosting the domain, and contact that company to let them know of the violation.

Contact Etsy and let them know their member is using your pics without your permission. Etsy should be able to intervene on your behalf. As for her website, see if you can find out who is hosting the domain, and contact that company to let them know of the violation.

She's only using one on etsy but using all of them on her website. How do I find out what domain she's using? It doesn't show on her entry page or her home page.

She's only using one on etsy but using all of them on her website. How do I find out what domain she's using? It doesn't show on her entry page or her home page.
While you are contacting etsy, let me see if I can find out some information about her domain.

P.S. It does not matter that she is only using one photo of yours on etsy. It is already one too many.

www.godaddy.com Will have the domain listed and she has her personal information hidden, you can contact them as they are her contact and tell them. They may go to bat, but I don't think they can be liable for the information on a website. Most have disclaimers. Contact everyone you can though, the more you do, the odds you will get it resolved. What is up with these people? It is disgusting that people do this.

www.godaddy.com Will have the domain listed and she has her personal information hidden, you can contact them as they are her contact and tell them. They may go to bat, but I don't think they can be liable for the information on a website. Most have disclaimers.
I went there and then clicked on 'whois underlying registry data' and got this:

Domain Name: MYPLACEINTHECOUNTRY.NET

Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE

Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com

Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com

Name Server: YNS1.YAHOO.COM

Name Server: YNS2.YAHOO.COM

Updated Date: 17-oct-2006

Creation Date: 11-sep-2006

Expiration Date: 11-sep-2007

So I think Melbourne IT is her hosting company? You could try contacting them first, and if that isn't right, they might be able to point you in the right direction?

Another picture thief. Just email her and usually that is the end of it. I always laugh when I see this happen because how could her finished products look just like yours. Wouldn't the customer be surprised? She only has one feedback and it was incense so just scare the heck out of her.

Another picture thief. Just email her and usually that is the end of it. I always laugh when I see this happen because how could her finished products look just like yours. Wouldn't the customer be surprised? She only has one feedback and it was incense so just scare the heck out of her.

LOL maybe she's too scared to answer because she hasn't yet.

She has this posted on her about us page:

I have been making soaps ,candles and waxed

bears and selling them to flea markets,friends and on my yahoo teddy bear store for gift baskets.

I was encouraged from friends to open a online store for my items . So please look around and contact us with your opinion. We would love to hear from you.

I guess if pictures come up in google images when you run a search people feel they are fair game if it does not say copyrighted material.

I guess it is just a matter what the pictures are. I am glad you worked it out, I would have been raging mad for sure.

Speaking of taboo pictures, did anyone see the pic of Sarah Jessica Parker on the JS website? "Uptown girl" You can't tell me that was off some purchased image software. But who cares, Sarah will never see it right.