Business Name Opinions Please

Hello everyone!! Long time huh?! Finally got things back on track, but in my downtime, my chosen name has been registered by someone else. So here are my new thoughts. I have to come up with something fast. Here you go...

Southside Scents (There is a district downtown Chattanooga called The Southside. It's supposed to be considered swanky:rolleyes2 )

The Pink Pantry (I just love pink, it's my sig. color)

Kayes Kandles (My middle name is Kaye)

That's all I got. Help me out girls! How are you all???

I'm with Chris on the Pink Pantry...

Southside makes me think of the ghetto, simply because of how many crime reports come out of California, and some sort of gang associations.

Kaye's Kandles is cute! I adore that one.

I do like Kat's add in of Swanky Scents.

I'll throw a few out too, just for the fun of it.

Kaye's Kreations

Delving into Delights (off your forum name)

Daisy's Dream(s)

Kaye's Kandle Krate (or plain Kaye's Candle Crate)

Kaye's Cache of Candles

Hmm, trying to say Southside Scents makes me feel like I have a lisp ( say it fast a couple of times ) and seeing candle spelled with a K annoys me for some reason. Also if you decide to branch into B&B you would be stuck with the candle in your name.

I do like MissMary's suggestions though.

Also something about " Swanky Scents" catches my attention.

Okay, sorry no ideas here from me .

Hmm, trying to say Southside Scents makes me feel like I have a lisp ( say it fast a couple of times ) and seeing candle spelled with a K annoys me for some reason. Also if you decide to branch into B&B you would be stuck with the candle in your name.

I do like MissMary's suggestions though.

Also something about " Swanky Scents" catches my attention.

Okay, sorry no ideas here from me .

I like Kaye's too! I have to say you might come up with some problems with the word 'swanky' on the internet, it often gets blocked by the swear-o-trons. :shocked2: This board obviously doesn't do it or we would be reading 's****y'. :laugh2:

Well I checked out your profile here and saw your likes so I will try:

The Pink Daisy

The Pink Dragonfly

The Pink Butterfly

Daisy Pink Scents

Daisy Kaye Candles

Chattanooga Candles

Ok, that's all I can come up with for now, but of these the one I like the most is The Pink Daisy, followed by Daisy Kaye Candles.

I really like your user name, and think it work beautifully as a company name!

One little thing I also wanted to mention. Someone said something about using a line 'every scent begins with Kaye', a twist of the jewelers line. They can come after you for this if they've TMd that line, and I'll be they have. Yes, it's a slogan, so it's a little different than company names, but if it's very well known, it's still 'stealing' to take it, change it slightly, etc. If it goes to court, you may win, they may win, but either way, it'll be costly.

Here in Utah, we're known for our skiing, and our ski resorts. One of the state slogans (on most of our license plates) is "Greatest Snow on Earth". Gee, sounds awfully similar, huh? Now I haven't seen any proof of this, since it apparently happened before I moved to Utah, but PT Barnum apparently tried to sue (whomever it was he would need to sue in a case like this) over the use of that phrase, since they'd been using Greatest Show on Earth for years. Since "Greatest Snow on Earth" is still on my license plate, Utah obviously won, but in cases like these, you never know which way they'll go. In my opinion, come up with something uniquely yours, and you won't need to worry over it.

I like Daisy D'Light also. Kinda catchy.

I did a quick research on wikipedia on the history of Chattanooga, and found that it is is Hamilton County. The city lies between the ridge-and-valley portion of the Appalachian Mountains and the Cumberland Plateau and is surrounded by ridges. Using this I came up with a couple (probably lame) suggestions:

Hamilton County Candle & Bath (or Hamilton County Candle Co.)

Scented Plateau

Valley Candle Co.

Why not just Daisy Kaye? Leaving off "candles" leaves you open to pursue any other product imaginable!

As complex and imaginative as we were trying to be... I actually really do like that simple solution!

Daisy Kaye - Offering the sweetest scents this side of the Mississippi! :P

Yep, like that too.. Daisy Kaye's...

Daisy Kaye sounds nice, rolls off the toungue well!

and there are alot of great possibilities for a cool logo with those curly y's :smiley2:

Sounds youthful and original...all good things to have there! ;)

Daisy Kaye's D'Lights?