Does anyone just make tarts & wickless?

i'm getting to where my self i only use my candle warmer with tarts, and wickless candles and i'm thinking about giving up all this wick testing and just stick to tarts and wickless candles LOL! i really enjoy making them, i waste so much wax on testing container candles, and $$$ don't come easy here LOL! for me to play around with on a hobby.

At lot of my customers like the wickless, also the tarts. I suppose it depends what you want to do and if you are going to sell them. Right now I use a lot of tarts for myself faster and the fragrance starts right away.;)

Right now I only sell votives, tarts and wickless candles and I do pretty well. Once people hear about the wickless candles, they want to try them. I emphasize that they can have them in their office, where they aren't allowed to burn candles. One of the ladies in my law school burns a wickless in her office all day and I can smell it when I come down the hall (it's also great for advertising :D ). I think you can definitely make up your costs just by selling wickless and tarts, if you market properly. I also have a friend here in town who only makes tarts and she sells like crazy. She works in the hospital and all the nurses buy her tarts. She makes more money than I do, so it can definitely be done. Good luck!

mking, a lot of people like the tarts, i let my dh take some to work to a friend and he puts them on his warmer, everyone was wanting some, same thing when i maked up some baskets with tarts and warmer in them for dh's fire dept. to give away at bingo, the ones that didn't win wanted them LOL! but i was so busy trying to learn about making and the wicking part of candles that i just didn't make any to sell. making the candles look good i found to be easy and i think mine does, its the wicking that takes so much testing and patience's. Angela i love the way a good tart will start to smell soon as it get warm, and some scents will last 2 days, all day long. i love how fast you can smell them, and the no worry about sooting or trimming wicks, my daughter whom is named angela also:cheesy2: used tarts because of breathing problems.

I burn tarts all day at work and at home I do both wickless and tarts. I've gotten sales just from people coming into my office. I mainly use the clamshells cause you have the packaging all at once and it's so easy :D . I know wicking can be a PITA so challenging. Do whatever works well and sells for you :rockon:

Good luck

Thanks to you all. I am a newbie and I am having the hardest times understanding the wick thing. I was looking into really starting with tarts and I had never thought about wickless candles, but this has given me an idea. I am still going to be learning and testing to find the perfect candles that I want but I can sell my tarts and things to help with some of the cost for testing ;)

I know that there is a lot of testing that has to be done and I really want to make candles so I am going to try one thing at a time...hehe

I would like to know more about the firestarters also, since it is getting close to Winter. Is there someone that can lead me in the right direction? Do we have any threads just for firestarters?

TIA

Veronica

there's no rule that says you have to make what everyone else does, so i say go for it. i think it's an awesome way to start out since (in my opinion) wicks are the biggest pain. you could always add wicked candles later if you wanted, or if this works for you, stick with it. and i think there is just as much potential to be successful with wickless and tarts as there is with wicked.

You can also market them to people who have pets or children, as a lot of them are afraid to use regular candles in case they get knocked over.

tell that to my sister whose cat knocked over a wickless candle onto himself. that's a whole different kind of dipped critter... i guess he smelled pretty good for a while (cinnamon balsam) as did her carpet.

LOL! thats correct Candleguy... except when i make mine i like to pour them into the flat square 8 oz mason jar, it is flat and covers the whole top of electric candle warmer. Veroncia i want to keep on making containr canle till i get them really good too but in mean while i need some $$$ coming in to buy more supplies with and before even with people asking me for tarts and wickless candles i wasn't making them.

OK I am wondering (don't laugh..lol) do you make the wickless just like a regular but no wick right?

I am thinking yes but wanted to ask just to be sure...lol.....

I would be interested in making one of those for myself!

Does wal mart have the warmers?Seem like I saw some there but just glanced.

Thanks,

Jenn A <~~~~who doesn't make candles but is very curious!

OK I am wondering (don't laugh..lol) do you make the wickless just like a regular but no wick right?

I am thinking yes but wanted to ask just to be sure...lol.....

I would be interested in making one of those for myself!

Does wal mart have the warmers?Seem like I saw some there but just glanced.

Thanks,

Jenn A <~~~~who doesn't make candles but is very curious!

Yep Jenn A the warmers can be found at walmart! :)

I think it's a great idea. Sure will save you tons of testing with wicks. A lot more people are liking tarts these days with the warmers being so cheap and readily available. Also the wickless candles are becoming popular. I have several people who order nothing but wickless and I love it when they do! Just make sure you don't put them in a big jars unless the wattage is at least in the 21-24 range on the warmers.halwcats.gif

scents i like them in the flat mason jar, even my son said he thought those jars was cool LOL! with the plantium lids. plus my walmart has them. Jenn the warmers are right where the candles dept is at, in my walmart. thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement.

scents i like them in the flat mason jar, even my son said he thought those jars was cool LOL! with the plantium lids. plus my walmart has them. Jenn the warmers are right where the candles dept is at, in my walmart. thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement.

Thanks so much.My dd is going there tomorrow,I told her to pick me one up.

Sharon,I am in KY,too.I am in southeast KY.

Jenn A

tell that to my sister whose cat knocked over a wickless candle onto himself. that's a whole different kind of dipped critter... i guess he smelled pretty good for a while (cinnamon balsam) as did her carpet.

Sarah...thanks for the laugh this morning....Its funny but not funny the poor cat :D

Sun my son & wife has 2 babies, hads them since birth, they are saving me jars, the babies just started eating baby food a little while ago, they are foster babies and i'm so hoping they get to adopt them:cheesy2: but i don't know if i would be allowed to sell them or if they would being babyfood jars, but i will try a couple and see.