grubbied jars

Laura

i haven't posted a pic in a long time!

here's what i've been working on. i wouldn't do it normally, but peeps out here have been asking for primitive. the pic makes them look shiny, butthey are actually more matte.

IMG_1626.jpg

I love the grubbied jars. I made one over the weekend to pour a candle in for grandson's teacher but today my stove isn't working so I can't melt the wax. Hope it's just a thrown breaker...husband can show me which one it is. I did mine with a star cutout. It's really cute...Ginger

Those are really cute...you did a great job!

I've got a question for you though, when the candle burns awhile and the heat starts to build up in the jar, isn't that wax on the outside going to melt and fall off? Or are these just for decoration and not burning?

I've got a question for you though, when the candle burns awhile and the heat starts to build up in the jar, isn't that wax on the outside going to melt and fall off? Or are these just for decoration and not burning?

Thanks for asking that Fern. :cheesy2: (I was curious too. I imagine it's a higher mp wax but it still seems like it would definitely tack up at the very least) I'm not a fan of grub but I would have to say that those are very nice looking!

thank you!

it's not wax. it's a blend of modge podge and spices, so no worries about it melting off.

the labels are the kraft labels at BC that i modge podged with a little cinamon mixed in.

I would love directions, but I am new and am not able to send you a pm for some reason? any suggestions?

Hi Yorkie Girl,

You will be able to send and receive pm's and see the classifieds and such only after you have been a member for 30 days (I think) and a certain number of posts. It used to be 8 posts.

Anyway, hang in there and welcome to CT.

ps. Posting in the off topic area doesn't add to your post count.

pss. Nice work! on the Grubby Jars Laura.. :smiley2:

Hi Yorkie Girl,

You will be able to send and receive pm's and see the classifieds and such only after you have been a member for 30 days (I think) and a certain number of posts. It used to be 8 posts.

Anyway, hang in there and welcome to CT.

ps. Posting in the off topic area doesn't add to your post count.

pss. Nice work! on the Grubby Jars Laura.. :smiley2:

Thank you, Everito Bandito, I was beginning to wonder?...lol...:confused: