Stand Back, The Kitty's Got Wax And Ordered Supplies!!!!

Actually, it's ten pounds of cheap wax from Hobby Lobby, but at this stage, I need to be able to get my techniques back before I start playing in the quality wax that's due to be delivered sometime Tuesday!:bliss:

Along with about 12 different sample scents, a bunch of wick, 60 lbs of wax, some UV additive and *shock and gasp*, I actually bought liquid dye.:shocked2: Also had to replace my thermometer that didn't survive the move (that still urks me something fierce).

Need to know if anyone has played with IGI-1343 or am I the oddball again and picked up some that no one knows about? We all know that I played a lot with 1218, I thought about switching waxes before the move and decided to give it a shot. Any info is appreciated, please feel free to PM me if you want.

As always, good to be home and this time, it's for good. I have acquired two candle helpers as well and they're just as excited as I am to get started. I MAY be a pain for a bit, I have to restart my entire candle journal since mine was obliterated last year before the move and I've lost ALL of my notes.

Actually, it's ten pounds of cheap wax from Hobby Lobby, but at this stage, I need to be able to get my techniques back before I start playing in the quality wax that's due to be delivered sometime Tuesday!:bliss:

Along with about 12 different sample scents, a bunch of wick, 60 lbs of wax, some UV additive and *shock and gasp*, I actually bought liquid dye.:shocked2: Also had to replace my thermometer that didn't survive the move (that still urks me something fierce).

Need to know if anyone has played with IGI-1343 or am I the oddball again and picked up some that no one knows about? We all know that I played a lot with 1218, I thought about switching waxes before the move and decided to give it a shot. Any info is appreciated, please feel free to PM me if you want.

As always, good to be home and this time, it's for good. I have acquired two candle helpers as well and they're just as excited as I am to get started. I MAY be a pain for a bit, I have to restart my entire candle journal since mine was obliterated last year before the move and I've lost ALL of my notes.

IGI 1343 is one of most common wax that I have ever used, if anyone can screw it up it's me.

I find that 1343 is just a basic pillar wax, and if you got 1343A just add a little more F/O and it will mottle unlike 1343N will not.

Have fun and good luck

Welcome back Kitty, we're waiting for some gorgeous stuff to come!

1343 is still quite popular since you can do whatever you want with it. Though I only use it for mottles and over-dipping. I'm lazy about additives...lol

I hope you HL is cheaper than mine. It went up here to $13 for a 10 lb slab, before tax!

Welcome back Kitty. You were here giving support when I first joined the group so hopefully I've learned enough to give a little back :)

You won't have any problem with the 1343. It was my 1st wax after starting out with the craftstore stuff. You can make some really nice pillars with it. For gorgeous rustics, pour cooler 150-160* range and for mottles pour hotter and let cool slowly. Actually, it mottles for me no matter what temp it's poured. And then there is vybar to kill the mottle if that's your desire.

Sorry you lost your notes in the move. There are a quite a few of us that use the 1343 and you'll find quite a bit of info in the old threads. I think Candleman uses 1343... maybe he'll pop in with some tidbits of wisdom.

Enjoy your journey and don't forget to post pics.

I hope you HL is cheaper than mine. It went up here to $13 for a 10 lb slab, before tax!

I about pitched a fit in my HL when I saw the price of that go up! And yeah, $13 bucks a slab! They were pretty proud of that wax all of a sudden! Picked up a thermometer while I was there and paid eight bucks! Glad I won't be using them anymore!

Welcome back Kitty. You were here giving support when I first joined the group so hopefully I've learned enough to give a little back :)

You won't have any problem with the 1343. It was my 1st wax after starting out with the craftstore stuff. You can make some really nice pillars with it. For gorgeous rustics, pour cooler 150-160* range and for mottles pour hotter and let cool slowly. Actually, it mottles for me no matter what temp it's poured. And then there is vybar to kill the mottle if that's your desire.

Sorry you lost your notes in the move. There are a quite a few of us that use the 1343 and you'll find quite a bit of info in the old threads. I think Candleman uses 1343... maybe he'll pop in with some tidbits of wisdom.

Enjoy your journey and don't forget to post pics.

Thanks for the rustic tips, I was playing with those shortly before the move. I've really enjoyed the mottles and I've got to show the two newbies how to make them anyway. I don't use Vybar that often anymore, it's Universal Additive all the way when I saw that it turned my wax whiter and I got cleaner colors.

Notebook wasn't lost in the move, it was lost after an ungrateful house guest proceeded to not watch her three year old daughter and said daughter got ahold of it using scissors, magic markers, crayons, pens, it was a mess.

Ah yes, my resident candlemaking motorcycle stud, WHERE ARE YOU BABYCAKES?!

Welcome back!! 1343 is what I use for my rustics too. It makes a nice mottle, but getting a good burn is difficult.

Ah yes, my resident candlemaking motorcycle stud, WHERE ARE YOU BABYCAKES?!

BTW, who's this? We have a motorcycle stud amongst us and I didn't know? :shocked2:

Why didn't you go to WalMart and get a thermometer for 3-4 dollars? Eight bucks is nuts. Have fun w/your candles. :)

I didn't think about it at the time, I was just excited to be back near candlemaking supplies, saw the thermometer and knew I needed a new one and grabbed it. Didn't even see how much it was until I was in the car!

Well look who's back. :) The gallery awaits your pics!

Oh My GOSH!!! TOP, I'VE MISSED YOU A LOT DOLL!!!!!!

Will be having the gallery LOADED by this weekend and get this, I'VE GOT A NEW CAMERA THAT FOCUSES WHERE IT'S SUPPOSED TO! What a concept, ROFL!!!

Candleman sweetie! He posted a couple pics a long time ago of him in the Faces of Candletech and he was on the most beautiful beast I think I've ever seen!

How did I miss that? I remember Smelly posting himself on a bike on the old CT and wondered if you meant him because he hasn't posted on this board.

:tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: Off to check out the Faces of Candletech thread... :lipsrseal

Bre!!!!

Been busy girl! Trying to get settled and things in motion around the house. Been a major fight with that, lost a kitty in October, my little Burnadette was gone for three weeks, came back so sick that I just couldn't see her suffer anymore and had her put to sleep. I miss my tart kitty so much some days.

Other than that, I'm being a mountain kid again. Drink iced tea on my front porch at night and look at the stars! It's SO GOOD TO BE HOME!

Hi sweetie.....I had to switch waxes when I moved across the country. I am trying to love 1343 but I don't. It doesn't burn as well IMO as the 4045 and 4045H I am use to. So....I am working with 1274. That is a mottling wax and the 1343 is straight paraffin. I like the way the 1274 burns better. I am still not thrilled but I will keep trying.

This will be fun having you back "In the group"......we missed you. Can't wait to see what fun things you will invent. Auntie Donita:yay: