Anyone use the cataloges like Peak

Tess

I need to get a wholesale cat. going I like the way Peak did theirs. Does anyone know of a good place to get these done (affordably). I thought Vista did them at one time, but don't see them anymore. Thx

I got one with my last order, and they now have a downloadable pdf in the scents area.

Not sure if you do printing yourself, but there are hole punches that make that, then you spiral some plastic (usually can buy those buy the case) and make them up yourself. No idea on where to do it pro though.

I got one with my last order, and they now have a downloadable pdf in the scents area.

Oh, I just went there to check and found it. So it looks like the prices are the same, just a paper version of their website, right? When Tess first brought it up, I thought maybe they had a special wholesale catalog with discounted wholesale pricing.

Not sure if you do printing yourself, but there are hole punches that make that, then you spiral some plastic (usually can buy those buy the case) and make them up yourself. No idea on where to do it pro though.

I've read this 6 times trying to find the answer to the question. I'm not seeing it.

If anyone DOES know the answer, I would also like to know, so please post.

I was just offering an alternative to professional printing, which can be pricey, especially if you only have several pages. It's nice packaging, but it's not cheap and if you give them out for free, it adds up. Also, most of the places I searched have a HUGE minimum order.

As for the pricing of Peaks stuff, it's the same, but was really cool to have at my fingertips on my table.

If I remember correctly, when I was a legal secretary we used Kinko's to put together our deposition transcripts with the plastic spiral. I can't tell you how affordable they are....been too long....but you can check with them. HTH :)

I had some catalogs made with a place called ad-graphics, http://www.ad-graphics.com/cart/booklets.asp.

The smallest is an 8 page booklet. They do a wonderful job, although make sure you have it exactly the way you want it before sending it in.

Of course, they get cheaper the more you order, their minimum is 250.

Not sure if that is what you were asking.

If I remember correctly, when I was a legal secretary we used Kinko's to put together our deposition transcripts with the plastic spiral. I can't tell you how affordable they are....been too long....but you can check with them. HTH :)

I used to make a lot of these things at a previous job. We didn't have the luxury of sending it out to Kinko's. Sometimes I'd stand there the whole afternoon making these things. I don't know how much the machine costs but I know we got the supplies from the office supply catalog, same place where we got our stationery from. So you could check there, though I don't know what the machine is called. The plastic spirals were called combs.

Maybe you could try a place like Office Max, at their copy center.

I don't know how big your catalog is, but my BF made me a catalog using Print Shop using 2 sheets of paper folded in half. I bought one of those extra large staplers the hold it together. That may be another alternative

I print mini catalogs myself. We got a laser printer back in February, and some of the HP Presentation paper (glossy and a heavier weight), and they look awesome. I created a simple 8 page (prints both sides on 2 pages) catalog, folds in half. There are other options as well, paper wise. Trifold Brochures, even 4 fold (usually a longer paper 8/5 x 14, I think). The printer and the paper quality make the biggest difference, and obviously the photo quality WITHIN the catalog.

I didn't try to include everything, just some of our top sellers, and then invited them to come view our website for more product selection. This has always worked very well for me. Printing off two pages for a catalog doesn't cost me much, but still brings in a decent amount of business. In fact, DH took some to work last week, and one lady was so excited that she begged his cell phone from him on her break so she could call and place an order.

I think the biggest advantage to having a catalog with everything listed (and you wouldn't want to change your line up too much once you had these printed) would be for home parties. You'd be able to take less of a selection of products (making it easier on you), and still be able to share your whole line. If they're big and bulky catalogs, then you can make these so that they don't get to take them home. But I'd recommend having seasonal brochures, instead, that they can take with them. Stampin' Up works like this.

I guess if we knew what your intentions with this catalog were, we'd be able to offer more help. I know I wasn't exactly sure what you were wanting to do with them.

And of course you can verify this?

Aside from the above posts, I've talked to Alan in person (I've spent thousands at Peaks in the past 3 months) in passing about the board. I've also seen him and Nachelle post about Peaks stuff and about the board.

Additionally, I've perused tens of thousands of threads in the last months (literally) and have seen it mentioned quite a few times, by Alan, Nachelle AND the mods.

How about this: Can you verify they don't?

If you start out to questioning someone with something so trivial with asking for proof on what they say, this board won't get you very far.

MissMary, I asked a question because in my previous post I said that I don't believe that they do; not that I know that they don't. I was curious. In no way was the question asked to insinuate that you were wrong. I was not accusing you of giving out faulty information, I wanted to know if it could be verified that Peaks owned the board.

I'm sorry if I caused an uproar.