Oregon Trails FO reviews

firegirl

Sapmoss- Good Lord.. where has this fragrance been all this time??? This is hands down one of my newest favorite finds! I love Aveda products but this surpassed anything I could have imagined. I was expecting a total earthy smell but got that and some other wonderful clean notes. Smells great on the skin as well.. I would eat DH up with this one on. WONDERFUL!

Spring Mountain Mint- Good Lord again.. This is my second favorite find. This smells divine.. not just a plain mint.. but something that reminds me of mint actually growing around a mountain spring... hmm hence the name.. lol.

Okay. I did a Q-tip test and used equal parts of each of the above.. WOOOOWWWW!! If you happen to have both.. try mixing them.. it is too die for!! I am in love .... Can you say SOAPING TONIGHT!!!!!

So our next benefit/experiment swap will be OT then?

I am almost positive that Outlandishlady is doing the research swap for OT on The Dish when her turn comes up. But of course, we can always do one here after the Backwoods Swap. LOL!!

The Goddess CT Benefit Swap in January will be The Scent Works. :)

So our next benefit/experiment swap will be OT then?

I'll put my vote of yes for OT for one of the swaps. ;) Have you been able to try the Bonsai yet?? OMG is it wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! TDF I tell ya! Wonderful clean, fresh scent. If there is an OT swap, I already call dibs on Bonsai. AND - You are my witness. :laugh2:

I'll consider doing an OT swap but a) I'm a lousy hostess (I hate to ship things back out - not sure why) and B) I'm currently drugged and likely to committ to anything.

Let me think about it.

Oh, an I forgot about Outlandish's swap - I'm sure I'll be in that but that will be only for sample size bars and I get soooo much more enjoyment out of purty full sized bars.... Like I said, let me think.

I'm bumping this thread back up because I received my latest order from Oregon Trails and am totally happy :yay:

After reading Mystical Angel's review of Mango, I ordered a bottle. Girl, you are absolutely right, this Mango is awesome. I bet I've ordered from 4 different suppliers trying to find one I was happy with. Look no further, this one is fantastic. This is going in lotions and foaming bath butter this afternoon, as well as...

Blackberry Sage. OMG. If you haven't tried this one, you're missing out on one beautiful scent. A few years back, I ordered a bottle of Blackberry Sage from Patticakes and it had so much sage in it I couldn't stand to pour it. This one is in a class by itself, and it's going to go straight in a lotion FOR ME, lol. And CP. And foaming bath butter. And if my daughter is very lucky, she'll get to test this for me.

The last one I received and have loved for about 3 years now is Yuzu. This scent does beautifully in everything. In fact, I burned a candle the other day (soy) with this scent that was at least 2 years old and it totally filled my house. Another big plus-this one is one sale for $19.95 right now. (I looked last night and it was still on sale). Fantastic throw and beautiful in lotions and CP, you can't go wrong with this one.

I love her oils, and her customer service has always been 1st rate for me. Fantastic products girls, I highly recommend giving her a try.

• 3 weeks later...

I love OT FO's too and think a OT swap is a fantastic idea!! If no one else wants to host, I would be game if it was later in the summer? I just soaped Chai Tea last night sprinked with cinnamon, it smells so good I want to eat it! :drool:

Has anybody soaped OT Fruit Loops *Type* yet?

Sharon

Last weekend I soaped Sapmoss in a shaving soap and it soaped with absolutely no problems. It smells kind of light right now but it could come back.

I've got the Chai Tea and have been meaning to soap it. I've always heard it was wonderful in soap too.

I've been using some of their FOs in pillars:

Dragonfire

Gift of the Maji

Moonlight Path

(did good in paraffin, good throw in 70/30 containers but having a little trouble with the wicking)

Blended White Patch, Ylang, Black Pepper - great in paraffin - haven't tried it in soy/par yet.

I have Rose Petals but haven't used it yet. Been happy so far and will try more of their oils in candles.