Daystar no longer selling "sniffies"

scentsme

Daystar is no longer selling "sniffie" sized samples of their oils. That totally sucks! :mad: I always order a bunch of sniffies of whatever new oils they get in to sniff them out first, before committing to order larger sizes. Bummer, huh?

I hate to hear that. I have a hard time finding scents I like, so if I can't try a very small size first, I probably won't order from a company. With the increase in shipping, even 1 oz. samples can be pricey. My basement is full of reject scents. If it weren't for the sniffies, I wouldn't have tried their dupe of CSP's Vanille Abricot, which is fantastic.

I placed an order last week in which I ordered, and paid for, sniffies. Well, guess what? I just received it today and no sniffies. There was no note, no explanation, nothing. I checked my Paypal account to see if she sent a refund, and nothing. I thought a couple of these scents would make a perfect addition to my line buy I just needed to be sure, so I ordered the sniffies. Now, I either have to place another order to try the 2 ozers or order from someone else. What crappy customer service!

She may think she's going to save money this way but in the end I think it will hurt her. Like Sylvie, many of the sniffies I purchased led to me buying larger sizes. Maybe some people just don't need or want to buy 2 oz. of a scent. If she doesn't want to sell sniffies, she could at least offer a 1 oz. sample size. :mad:

TinaJ...so you were charged for the sniffies but you didn't receive them and you didn't get a refund for them? A little courtesy to customers would be nice...like a reason why! If you don't get a refund, I hope you are going to call and b*tch..that's just down right wrong!

I placed an order last week in which I ordered, and paid for, sniffies. Well, guess what? I just received it today and no sniffies. There was no note, no explanation, nothing. I checked my Paypal account to see if she sent a refund, and nothing.

Did you contact her? Mistakes happen - but I'm sure she'll correct it if she knows about it.

Now, I either have to place another order to try the 2 ozers or order from someone else. What crappy customer service!
Crappy customer service? :confused: Thank you. I really appreciate that. I try really hard to please my customers.

Yes, the sniffie packs are currently discontinued. I am working on offering something else. It won't be too much longer before I add it to the website. Hang in there ... :grin2:

To all those that did not get your sniffie packs with your order: your refund should be in your inbox now. I am working on paperwork this afternoon & issuing refunds as I go thru the papers.

Thanks again & Have a great afternoon!

Stacy

Well, I would have to agree ... if I received an order from a supplier which I paid for, and if an item was not included in the package, with no reimbursement or explanation about what was going on ... I would be upset too, that's pretty understandable. (However, anyone can make a mistake ... so I would probably contact the supplier for an explanation.)

Where I think it gets a bit tacky, is when a supplier makes a general announcement in someone's thread about how they intend is to resolve the problem, instead of contacting the customer(s) privately. What about the customers who bought the sniffies that don't read this board?

From my experience with Daystar, I have always had great service ... however, it seems very unprofessional to get sarcastic with a paying customer. People often vent on a message board, that's just the way it is. :yes:

Good news, I do have a pending refund. I guess my biggest complaint about this whole thing is that I wasn't contacted before my order shipped. I could have just added some of the 2 ozers to my order, but I wasn't even given that option. I really do love her oils and want to try out some more. I hope whatever she is working on to replace the sniffies will work out for everyone.

Where I think it gets a bit tacky, is when a supplier makes a general announcement in someone's thread about how they intend is to resolve the problem, instead of contacting the customer(s) privately. What about the customers who bought the sniffies that don't read this board?

From my experience with Daystar, I have always had great service ... however, it seems very unprofessional to get sarcastic with a paying customer. People often vent on a message board, that's just the way it is. :yes:

No, no, I am not trying to cause any problems within this post. I have contacted others. And, I wasn't being sarcastic. I apologize, I will just stop posting completely here because it looks like whatever I say is being misconstrued. My apologies.

Stacy

No, no, I am not trying to cause any problems within this post. I have contacted others. And, I wasn't being sarcastic. I apologize, I will just stop posting completely here because it looks like whatever I say is being misconstrued. My apologies.

Stacy

"Crappy customer service? :confused: Thank you. I really appreciate that ..." sounds like sarcasm to me, but that's only my opinion.

Personally, I love your products and your customer service, my point is that maybe the best place (and most appropriate place) to tell your customers ...

"Yes, the sniffie packs are currently discontinued. I am working on offering something else. It won't be too much longer before I add it to the website. Hang in there ... :grin2: To all those that did not get your sniffie packs with your order: your refund should be in your inbox now. I am working on paperwork this afternoon & issuing refunds as I go thru the papers. IF your refund is not there, please email me so I can get it to you quickly ..."

would be in the SUPPLIER ANNOUNCEMENTS section. I don't think you were misconstrued or misunderstood (at least not by me) ... however, I do think, as a supplier, it's risky to post in a thread where someone is venting about you.

Okay, now I have to go test some of my Daystar samples. The Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie is callin' my name. :drool:

I can't wait to see what stacy will offer as sniffie packs :) I love daystar and have not one complaint. She has every every right to post and stand up for her company on here.

Why wouldn't you contact the company first if your order was messed up before you blast them publicly?

I agree soycrazy ... I just think she would have avoided all this if she posted in the Supplier Announcement section.

I personally would contact the supplier about a mistake before blasting them on a message board, but not everyone's like that. Many people just feel the need to vent.

My thought is, why get into it with a customer on a public forum ... she could still defend the integrity of her company, if she posted as a supplier, in the appropriate section.

I'm with ya ... I love Daystar too and have no complaints. I just don't think a supplier should get defensive or sarcastic on a customer's thread.

I'm sure some may not agree, but that's my story and I'm stickin to it. *faint*

My whole thing about this post is what is the big deal about sniffies? How can you base how an oil is going to react to wax if all you're doing is smelling it? It proves nothing. I've had oils that oob were far from what I expected but absolutely bloomed in wax. The oils are way too concentrated smelling them straight. You wouldn't buy a perfume without testing it on your skin to see how it reacts to your body chemistry...right???

IMHO I think it's kind of a rip to have to pay for them. I realize they are in cute little glass bottles that cost the supplier money but she could do the same thing with a cotton ball wrapped in aluminum foil for free. To me it's a savings of my time and money to order at least a 1oz.sample...at least that way you can make a few votives,some baby food jars of wax or some tarts and you can test the burn and throw and you've got something substantial for money you spent!

I kinda agree, and kinda don't. A lot of FOs don't perform the same in soap as OOB, BUT I just don't like to soap with FOs I don't like OOB. It's foolish but it's the way I am.

If the price is right I get a 2oz bottle to begin with, but if I can't then a sniffie is an alternative to buying a bigger bottle and putting it on the classy's when I don't like it OOB.

I hardly ever try a scent in wax or anything if I don't like it out of the bottle. If every supplier would make the 1oz bottles cheaper instead of way more than the cost of an oz if bought in 16oz bottles the world would be a better place ..... A $32.00 1# bottle of FO should be no more than $2.00 per bottle plus the cost of bottle. How much is a 16 oz plastic bottle compaired to a 1oz bottle. Last time I bought 1oz bottles they were $35 per 100. JMHO

Thanks to JS and Royal for their 1oz free samples. From all my suppliers they're the only ones. Tenn is very reasonable...

PS

Suppliers, stay off the board cause who could take all the crap we sling, I would be in the insane ward if I was a supplier. And I would have complained here if I never got a sorry with my order. This is just a bunch of candle makers talking to their peirs and we don't want anyone else listening in, at least I don't. Snowtop has way more good stuf than bad on this board so don't take it personally...

No problem with opinions lol!

So here's mine ... personally the more that one buys the less expensive it oughta be and I can't test with a 1 oz sample too well, 2 ozers get me a little more, 4 oz give me a grip, so what the heck, pounders work best for me to get the scent into a variety of applications and still have enough to say yea this is good and make more or ... well enough of that for now.

JMO, but a forewarning goes a long way, as opposed to just stopping altogether, even when it the middle of some orders.

I haven't had any experience with Daystar and it's not a personal thing against any one supplier, but I've read TONS of threads here about suppliers just stopping carrying something, especially when there were orders for it.

This is one way I narrow down my list of suppliers I will use....by the variety of size bottles they sell. The more variety the better and the more package values the better. To test if I don't get a free 1oz. I try the 4 oz and do oil warmers, votives & jar. If I only have the 1oz. I do oil warmers to judge the scent then if ok I order the 4 oz or 8oz.

Sharon you have to realize if a supplier is paying a girl $6 an hour (example) to pour oil...she can get a hell of a lot more production out of her pouring 16oz. bottles all day then she can pouring 1oz. It's just less overhead all the way around. She only has to pay for one bottle, one cap etc. If the poure isn't hitting it right on the 1oz. mark everytime and has to correct either way it's taking her even longer. It's just more cost effecient for the 16 oz. bottle. Same reason you get a cut at some places for 2 -5# of the same scent.

PS

Suppliers, stay off the board cause who could take all the crap we sling, I would be in the insane ward if I was a supplier. And I would have complained here if I never got a sorry with my order. This is just a bunch of candle makers talking to their peirs and we don't want anyone else listening in, at least I don't. Snowtop has way more good stuf than bad on this board so don't take it personally...

Sharon, do you know this board is owned by a supplier? Peak Candle Supplies.

And I, for one, love having the suppliers listen in and participate. Not only do they contribute, but it helps them service us better. As individuals, as crafters, and as vendors I welcome them.

And I, for one, love having the suppliers listen in and participate. Not only do they contribute, but it helps them service us better. As individuals, as crafters, and as vendors I welcome them.

I agree CareBear! Also, many suppliers are also candle makers. I enjoy input from the suppliers when it is done in a professional manner.

Wow, I didn't know that. I also love suppliers listening in on this board and participating. This is where they get to know our wants and needs. I do think this issue should have been taken up with Stacy before vented on this board also. Stacy has great oils and great customer service and if she had been contacted, she would have fixed the problem. I don't think I would ever order a sniffie either though because I have to throw it in some wax to tell if I like it or not. Sniffies to me are also a waste of money. IMO.

Missy