Let's Talk Votives

I can help on that part :laugh2: I wait until my wax just starts forming a film then place my wick in it. It works very well for me and you don't have the problem of trying to get it to stay in place,centered when you pour the hot wax.

Mine didn't LOL but i think i poured on the cooler side of 175

sorry if this doesn;t make sense, i had a drink LOL cause my friend just had her baby! 6 minutes before the midwives turned up at her home :grin2: delivered by her husband - no stitches, no pain relief lol she's so clever and i am so proud and baby is gorg!! He was born in his bag of waters, all still intact, cool huh?? My nerves where shot lol so I had a drink to calm my nerves and ... now I am drunk LOL

Mine didn't LOL but i think i poured on the cooler side of 175

sorry if this doesn;t make sense, i had a drink LOL cause my friend just had her baby! 6 minutes before the midwives turned up at her home :grin2: delivered by her husband - no stitches, no pain relief lol she's so clever and i am so proud and baby is gorg!! He was born in his bag of waters, all still intact, cool huh?? My nerves where shot lol so I had a drink to calm my nerves and ... now I am drunk LOL

Congrats on the new baby :yay: and I've had such a HELLUVA a day I'm not going to be far behind you. :laugh2: As soon as my daughter gets off and takes me to the liquor store.

We kind of got off topic on this and still didn't get the info I was looking for about getting them where the tops are smooth and full looking. Do you think I need to not fill them completely full and then do my repour which hopefully, won't shrink up.

I dont fill until it's overflowing the first time. I just fill until it's just barely up to the top of the mold. Then I repour, hotter, the next day.

(oh and get wick pins, they'll save you TONS of headaches!)

OK, I USE TO DO VOTIVES and now DON'T now. I have 8 - 7 votive molds on sale for $11 each. And I have to say, even though I don't do SOY anymore, they are th easiest votives to pour. Anyway, When I poured my paraffin votives, I would heat the WAX high and pour then put a cover over them, then did a small repour. Perfect! Wick pins are TERRIFIC.....why pour and then wick when you can do it all in one step? Pour the votive with a wick pin, then after setting up, insert the wick, the a warning label on the bottom and you are set!

Anyway, check out my classified ad for 8 - 7 votive mold strips, wicks pins, metal votive molds w/out pins....etc..

HTH

Thanks!

When I pour my votives, which I totally hate to do, I pour them at a cooler temp cause I like the more rustic look with jump lines and such. The cooler wax gives that puffed up top. I pour as the wax starts to film over in pot. I use astorlite v and don't have to do any repours since the wax is so cool. I also use glass oyster cups as my molds...I like the look of the lip and they cool quicker. It took me a while to find exactly what I was looking for...some were too short...some to wide. Ginger