My First Pic and Im pretty pleased :-)

manda

:DHi

I just wanted to share this pic with you all. I was rather pleased with it, even with the mistake, candle on the left. I was trying to create a smooth blended two tone and in stead ended up with smooth Ivory and rustic like brown. It is scent Vanilla/cinnamon Strudel and smells delicious. I tried to copy what I had done with the candle on the right but it came out kind of darker and a wider brown area, it also had no FO. Ill remember next time to do 2 identical candles from the same batch of wax, just cant get the colours or technique the same when i do it at different times. The candles do need to be polished up, so excuse the finger marks , just couldn't wait to share.

All comments welcome. Thanks for looking Mandy

th_vanrustic.jpg

Very nice candles. I like the shiny and rustic combined, so I don´t think it is a mistake even if that is not what you really wanted. Even when I pour a few candles together I find it hard to get the layers all the same level, but that is what makes them handmade!

Well......there is no such thing as a wrong candle unless it doesn't burn correctly...IMO......beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You did some layered candles that might not be exactly what you were going for....but you learn something each time you do it. I like them. Bet they smell wonderful too. Donita Louise

Thank you everyone for your kind words:-) Making small errors like this makes me think about what I did and how I could use that else where. As always we continue to learn something new everyday:laugh2:. Thanks again everyone, now that I know how to post a picture I will be back with more soon. Mandy