Cyclo Body Spray

ladysj

I'm just curious as to what kind of prices everyone is charging for their body sprays. I've priced my 4 ouncers at $7.00 and have had no problem selling them. My cost for the container & cyclo for 4 ounces is $2.04 not counting the fo and labels.

The cheapest place that I've found to order this is BCN and by the time I pay shipping it winds up costing me about $7.00 pp which IMHO is way to expensive.

I am wanting to offer them to my wholesale account but I couldn't offer them at 50% off because I wouldn't make anything off of them. If I charged them $5.00 that means they would have to sell theirs for at least $10.00 which I don't think that is going to work at all.

Do you think I should just maybe do 40% wholesale for these? I would love to find a body spray/mist that lasts as long as the cyclo does but that's not as expensive. Does anyone know of a good body spray base where the scent lasts for a long time? Maybe upping the fo would make it last longer.

Sorry for rambling here I'm just kind of thinking out loud and need some feed back.:D

Your wholesale price for the 2 ounce is 50% of your retail is that right? If so that means they would have to sell them for at least $10 to double their money. I just think that seems a little high but there again the scent does last all day or with mine it has. I sprayed it on in the morning and could still smell it on my clothes when I got off of work. I'll give it a shot all they can do is say no right lol

LOL I'm not sure that it hurts anything just winds up costing you more in the long run. I had a brain fart moment and made up my Lovespell 50/50 boy talk about a strong body spray whewwwwwwwww

I have to say, I've been wondering how people can charge "so little" for their sprays, cuz I sure couldn't figure out how to! Now I understand why. I'm gonna do a spray with the 1:6 ratio and see how it goes.

I have never made body spray but this has peaked my interest. If I just want to make some for me and my daughter, all I need is the cyclo and some of my FO? Just mix the 2 with the ratios you have been discussing, pour it in the bottle and thats it?

I would love to try this one. Just what I need, something else to get hooked on :laugh2:

I have never made body spray but this has peaked my interest. If I just want to make some for me and my daughter, all I need is the cyclo and some of my FO? Just mix the 2 with the ratios you have been discussing, pour it in the bottle and thats it?

I would love to try this one. Just what I need, something else to get hooked on :laugh2:

That's all you need. I believe the most common ratio is 6:1. 6 "parts" cyclo to 1 "part" FO. Some people substitute one of the cyclo "parts" with fractionated Coconut Oil. You'd mix the FCO & FO together, and then add that mixture to the cyclo. It helps with FO's that tend to separate from the cyclo. But when I make cyclo sprays just for me, I don't care if they separate: I just SHAKE WELL before each use. Have fun: you WILL get hooked!!!:grin2:

AND you can spray it on you, your linens, use it as an air freshsner.. spray it in your hair to tame frizzies, and put it in tiny little bottles to sell as a car spray. It's amazing, it doesn't stain anything, and wow does the scent last!

I used to use it for a wrinkle release, but it's a bit spendy for that! So now I just put FO, distilled water and bit of witch hazel in a bottle.. shake shake shake, and spray it on clothes, toss in the dryer, and heat for a few minutes. Stuff comes out smelling awesome and wrinkle free.

...So now I just put FO, distilled water and bit of witch hazel in a bottle..

Can't this little recipe be used as a body mist also? I think I remember seeing a thread about that a while ago. Hmm, I gotta do a search...I have an over abundance of all 3 laying around here...anything to smell good and save money!

I love the cyclo/fco body mist. I only do them in 2oz, but so far the fam & friends are loving them, & the scent does last almost forever!

During the cyclo "lean" times, I use FCO & a light oil (GSO, sunflower etc) & the scent holds pretty much the same.

Can someone explain to me how ratios work. When you say 1:6. I know that means 6 parts cyclo and 1 part fo, but what is that say for a 4 oz. bottle? Because for some reason I don't thikn I myself am putting enough fo in my cyclo.

Kelly

Kelly

Can someone explain to me how ratios work. When you say 1:6. I know that means 6 parts cyclo and 1 part fo, but what is that say for a 4 oz. bottle? Because for some reason I don't thikn I myself am putting enough fo in my cyclo.

Kelly

Kelly

One common way is to round it off to: .50 oz FO and 3.5 oz. Cyclo ( I know: 1/2 an ounce of FO just for one bottle of spray!)

A more specific way is:

some people use less or more, but here is the standard recipe:

1 part fragrance oil to 6 parts cyclomethicone.

It depends on the size...whatever it is, break it down to 7 parts.

Example : for a 2 ounce total weight - 2.0 divide by 7 = approx .28 per part.

so you would use .28 fo and the rest is cyclo.

2 oz dry oil spray - .28 oz fo

4 oz dry oil spray - .57 oz fo (and: 3.43 oz Cyclo...........3.43+.57=4.0)

6 oz dry oil spray- .85 oz fo

8 oz dry oil spray - 1.14 oz fo

Hope this helps!!:grin2:

AND you can spray it on you, your linens, use it as an air freshsner.. spray it in your hair to tame frizzies, and put it in tiny little bottles to sell as a car spray. It's amazing, it doesn't stain anything, and wow does the scent last!

I used to use it for a wrinkle release, but it's a bit spendy for that! So now I just put FO, distilled water and bit of witch hazel in a bottle.. shake shake shake, and spray it on clothes, toss in the dryer, and heat for a few minutes. Stuff comes out smelling awesome and wrinkle free.

I tried the FO, distilled water and witch hazel but my oil would seperate and sit at the top , so I discoved polysorbate20 and I mix equal parts of the poly and Fo and then add to the distilled water and witch hazel and it does not seperate just makes the mix white...just thought I throw that in there in case someone was going to try this recipe :grin2:

Sandy~WI

I've done the polysorbate also but didn't like the whiteness of it didn't have much eye appeal to me. I think I will try it again and maybe put it in cobalt blue bottles that way they can't really see that it's white.

How much water/witch hazel do you use? I had a recipe some where for this but heaven only knows where it is now.

I've done the polysorbate also but didn't like the whiteness of it didn't have much eye appeal to me. I think I will try it again and maybe put it in cobalt blue bottles that way they can't really see that it's white.

How much water/witch hazel do you use? I had a recipe some where for this but heaven only knows where it is now.

I put it in the silver alumunium bottles so you cant see it but I did

6 oz distilled water

2 oz witch hazel

1/2 oz FO

1/2 oz Polysorbate 20

Sandy~WI

That's all you need. I believe the most common ratio is 6:1. 6 "parts" cyclo to 1 "part" FO. Some people substitute one of the cyclo "parts" with fractionated Coconut Oil. You'd mix the FCO & FO together, and then add that mixture to the cyclo. It helps with FO's that tend to separate from the cyclo. But when I make cyclo sprays just for me, I don't care if they separate: I just SHAKE WELL before each use. Have fun: you WILL get hooked!!!:grin2:

Ok I ordered the Cyclo from BCN but where do I get the FCO? lol

I am excited to find something new to play with :yay: