Cyclo Body Spray

ladysj

http://store.scent-works.com/buoiwa.html they have the best price I've found so far but they are out right now :( maybe someone else knows another place that has a good price on it also. I know that didn't help you sorry but when they do have it back in stock that's where I'll purchase from. I got mine from the last co-op they had.

I am so hoping someone will have a good oil/butter co-op soon.

One more question please :grin2:

Where is a good place to get perfumers alcohol? What is the difference between this and the cyclo for the body spray?

ok ok, that was 2 questions :embarasse lol

Thanks!

I was making my body/linen spray with the witch hazel recipe and just switched to cyclo and I LOVE it! I use it on everything - And yes it is wonderful on hair! My daughter has long VERY thick hair that can just be unbearable - I have often asked her to cut the darn mane! - and I have been using it on her and it is AWESOME! Can't rave enough about this stuff!

So worth the cost and I think I use less because the scent lasts longer.

Bethany

Well then I definately have not been using enough FO, but noone is complaining. So if I were adding the FCO I would add .5 FO, .5 FCO & 3 oz. Cyclo? I am not good at math infact I absolutely dispise it. Is the FCO like a filler in the recipe or does it have a purpose otherwise? And if I add the FCO can this still be used as a 4 in 1 product? Room, linen, hair & body spray?

One common way is to round it off to: .50 oz FO and 3.5 oz. Cyclo ( I know: 1/2 an ounce of FO just for one bottle of spray!)

A more specific way is:

some people use less or more, but here is the standard recipe:

1 part fragrance oil to 6 parts cyclomethicone.

It depends on the size...whatever it is, break it down to 7 parts.

Example : for a 2 ounce total weight - 2.0 divide by 7 = approx .28 per part.

so you would use .28 fo and the rest is cyclo.

2 oz dry oil spray - .28 oz fo

4 oz dry oil spray - .57 oz fo (and: 3.43 oz Cyclo...........3.43+.57=4.0)

6 oz dry oil spray- .85 oz fo

8 oz dry oil spray - 1.14 oz fo

Hope this helps!!:grin2:

Well then I definately have not been using enough FO, but noone is complaining. So if I were adding the FCO I would add .5 FO, .5 FCO & 3 oz. Cyclo? I am not good at math infact I absolutely dispise it. Is the FCO like a filler in the recipe or does it have a purpose otherwise? And if I add the FCO can this still be used as a 4 in 1 product? Room, linen, hair & body spray?

If using FCO in it I wouldn't suggest using it on the hair it may make it too oily. The FCO makes it more like a dry oil after bath spray. HTH You could always try a tiny bit on your hair with the FCO and see how it works.

HTH

Sandra

• 3 weeks later...

Why is water needed? I use witch hazel and FO, for me, and yes it's cloudy. I've tried the poly process, didn't work, but I was too hasty. I may try it again. I don't understand why water is used.

Daria