My husband doesn't like my soap!! :(

Michi

He says it doesn't lather enough for him!!! :(

I don't know what to do to make it lather more??

Right now I'm using SFIC bases, and am told they are the best, so not sure if there is some trick to making it lather more, or if that's just the way it is??

I notice that it doesn't get real "bubbly" but to ME it has a nice "lather", so I guess he's looking for more bubbles.

I'm bummed, b/c I think a lot of peeps will be looking for that rich thick bubbly lather also. :(

Those that use/make M&P, is yours bubbly? Know any tips/secrets to get it more bubbly?

TIA

Michelle

I used some bases a while ago and I didn't think that they were bubbly enough either. If I remember if you put to much fragrance or eo in, it can affect the way that your soap will bubble. I don't know of any tricks to make it bubble but my someone who deals alot with MP will chime in.

I you are using someone elses base maybe you could make you own, cp. It isn't hard and you can add many things to increase the lather. I started out doing melt and pours, I was never happy with the results. Since I make my own now I love almost every batch. There are some very basic batches you can start with.

Guest EMercier

I did some Goat's Milk M & P this past weekend and I tried it, but the lather wasn't that good. Now, when I made aloe vera M&P is had more lather to it. I've been thinking about making my own without the base, but that's more time than I have.

I'm not using over .5 pp EVER, sometimes even less depending on the FO. ;)

I don't know what the problem is??? :( I think he's just used to his shower gel (Old Spice shower gel) and he's spoiled with THAT lather and bubbles??

I'm bummed cuz he keeps asking me if I've made him a soap that really "lathers". :rolleyes2

He says it doesn't lather enough for him!!! :(

I don't know what to do to make it lather more??

Right now I'm using SFIC bases, and am told they are the best, so not sure if there is some trick to making it lather more, or if that's just the way it is??

I notice that it doesn't get real "bubbly" but to ME it has a nice "lather", so I guess he's looking for more bubbles.

I'm bummed, b/c I think a lot of peeps will be looking for that rich thick bubbly lather also. :(

Those that use/make M&P, is yours bubbly? Know any tips/secrets to get it more bubbly?

TIA

Michelle

At least yours will try it. Mine won't even touch it because it has lye in it.

At least yours will try it. Mine won't even touch it because it has lye in it.

LMAO! so...he doesn't use soap at all then? Wow! How does he get clean? :D

Michi..Have you tried adding things to your MP base? You can add some of the same things to M&P that you do to CP or HP soap to improve lather..sugar, and castor oil to name a couple! I ALWAYS do! ;) I still make both kinds MP and CP, and ya can't tell the difference by the lather! Goats Milk (not goats milk base) but real goats milk added to your MP will make a better lather too, as well as cream. Doesn't take very much either. I've not made any soap that has a boatload of bubbles though...I'd say my bubble factor on all of my soap is a 6 on a scale of 1-10 (10 would be like a bubble bath lol) But my lather factor? It's off the charts! ;)

LMAO! so...he doesn't use soap at all then? Wow! How does he get clean? :D

He won't listen to me, I never know what I'm talking about. His mother is the same way. At least my fil even tried telling him that used to be the only way they had soap way back when etc, and even told him the process his mother used to make lye soap.

Oh well...more for me!!! :wink2:

Hmmm shave base Angie?? I'm sure that's more bubbly/lathery huh, since it's for shaving??? That's an idea. ;)

Ok, I've noticed that when I add stuff to my M&P such as oatmeal that is when it's not as lathery?? I made a log on Friday with clear base and shea base and used it last night, and it was very very bubbly/lathery, so not sure what the deal is???? :confused:

My hubby really wants an exfoliating bar though, so that's why I was doing the oatmeal for him, but I've tried two different types, one with a goat's milk base with ground oats added, they other with the SFIC oatmeal base, with just some oats sprinkled on top (for looks basically) and they are basically the same-not bubbly at all. :(

Babusso oil?? I guess I'm gonna have to google it, never heard of this, and not sure if it can be added to M&P, but I know that I've added avacado oil to it, and it worked fine. ;)

Is it pricey?