Frustrated with C3 soy wax...need help

• 2 weeks later...

With the C3 you have to add you fragrance at a higher temp and then pour at about 165 - 170. I heat mine to about 195 and till i add my FO and dyes and stir it seems to be the perfect temp to pour at,

I think if you aren't getting any throw with the C3 you need to change you fragrance supplier. I get most of mine from Natures Garden in Ohio and some from Candlewic. Both places are great for fragrance. I never have a problem getting throw.

• 14 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 9:36 PM, KaciC said:

How long are you mixing in the FO for?

I see on this old thread that the info given for temperatures could be inaccurate ... at least I think so!  For instance, heating to 185dF and cooling down to almost cloudy or cloudy seems to work better with C-3.  Regarding your question, I remove the wax from the heat source and add scent at around 175dF, stirring in a circular motion with a large spoon (*not a stick* !!!)  😉 ... for a minute or so, then again for less than a minute a few times before pouring.

I think some people also use spatulas or slotted spoons ... they all work at moving around the liquid sufficiently to incorporate the fragrance oil with the melted wax.  I don't mean to be rude to those who have been trying to blend with a skewer or other thin instrument, as I know they are shown repeatedly on tutorials, etc., but that's just not the right tool for the job.

Edited by birdcharm
  • Like 2