How disappointing....

I just received my order yesterday from a place in the "North" and spent over 300.00 in fo's and all I got was one 1/2 sample. It wasnt even a good one. I would have expected at least one of the new scents to see if I would like to buy more. I guess I was getting spoiled from other places that give you more when you buy less. Do any of you get excited when samples come in and are let down because they dont give you anything?

Actually it depends on how many orders you have placed.

From BCN site http://www.candlesupply.com/sniffies.html :

• New Customer Special: Get 3 FREE Sniffies with your first order!
  • Regular Customer Deal: Get 1 FREE Sniffie with every order of $50 or more!
  • Visit our message board for other FREE Sniffie specials!

I know it doesn't seem like much compared to some other suppliers but each company has their own policy. If you put in the comments section which scent you would like for your sample/s they will get you that one. So I'm not quite sure why you got a scent that you thought was not good unless maybe you didn't specify which you wanted.

I still order quite a bit from them because they have several of their "exclusive - BC Original" scents that are excellent sellers.

Sorry for your disappointment. I guess I just got used to it after a while since I knew the policy was there.

Wow! I need to pay attention when I go to these companies! I didn't even realize they did this. *lol*

edited to add...But I did get a sample of something called Soft Poppy Jojoba Spheres from the soapjar and learned what it is a little while ago. I wasn't really sure why she sent it yesterday, now I see. DUH!

*running for the brown hair dye....AGAIN!*

Actually it depends on how many orders you have placed.

From BCN site http://www.candlesupply.com/sniffies.html :

• New Customer Special: Get 3 FREE Sniffies with your first order!
  • Regular Customer Deal: Get 1 FREE Sniffie with every order of $50 or more!
  • Visit our message board for other FREE Sniffie specials!

I know it doesn't seem like much compared to some other suppliers but each company has their own policy. If you put in the comments section which scent you would like for your sample/s they will get you that one. So I'm not quite sure why you got a scent that you thought was not good unless maybe you didn't specify which you wanted.

I still order quite a bit from them because they have several of their "exclusive - BC Original" scents that are excellent sellers.

Sorry for your disappointment. I guess I just got used to it after a while since I knew the policy was there.

Aha, that explains it - this was my first order from them (for aroma beads) - I order mainly from Peak normally

I love getting a freebie and I am much more likely to add new FOs with companies that send a free sample or two. And I mean a true sample...enough to actually do a small test lotion or candle. Those small sniffie vials are great to see if you like the way something smells, but then you have to turn around and order a sample to test so they make me a little grumpy. I don't think I've ever ordered something new based on a sniffie vial.

I like how Scent Works does things. They send one small bottle and then a couple of different sniffies...the best of both worlds. I get to actually try out one thing, then sniff others. They have come the closest to roping me in with a sniffie...I'm tempted every time I order to toss Be Delicious into the cart!

Out of all the supplies I've ever ordered and I use the regulars, the only places that have sent me samples is NG, Backwoods and Soapers Workshop. BCN have NEVER sent me a sample of anything and I order from them quite a bit. In fact, I once asked if they could send me a small sample of their lip balm base (before I started making my own) they told me they didn't have sample sizes of their products.

I had to laugh at this. I order from BCN and get no samples any more. Personally I don't mind, because what would I do with 1/2 oz.?

No kidding -- they might as well send a q-tip to sniff. I've occasionally used those generally useless 'samples' for mixing, but haven't received too many good ones. There was an old thread about the samples everyone had from BC & we were all LOL at how many varieties of apple they send to everyone. They are an apple luvin' company, or maybe just getting rid of those crappy fo's .5oz at a time -- LOL.

Susan.

I had to laugh at this. I order from BCN and get no samples any more. Personally I don't mind, because what would I do with 1/2 oz.?

Let them take up space like mine do. When I sell on classys I offer to put a few in their box if they want to try them out.

I can pour a small test candle and a small lotion with 1/2 oz. :cool2:

I get samples from BC when I order and wish I wouldn't....they always send me the stinkiest ones!

You can request the sniffie's scent in the 'notes' box when ordering online, or when ordering on the phone. I do to avoid ending up with a hideous floral. Nothing against their floral FOs, they're probably just fine... I'm just not keen on most artificially floral scented things. Real flowers, fine... FO, :tongue2:

I always get a sample in my BCN orders(I order at least once a week from them), I've only been jipped once or twice over the last couple of years. I always request the scents, generally it's something I already use so I just dump the sample over into the big bottle and use it.

Exactly! I hate to sound like a snob, but I find the 1/2 oz. sample annoying. I can't test with 1/2 oz. It's just a teaser. :tongue2: