hp how to?

katshe

Please point me in the right direction

I am looking for instructions for hot process/crock pot method

Anyone that has experience with cphp, if you could share pro's and con's , I would be so happy

Just been researching forever and can't decide which to do cp,hp or m&p?

Thanks a bunch

:D

You can never tell how long it will take. All of the batches I have made have never gone through all the steps pictured. I have seen all of the steps but it never happens the same way. Totally unpredictable process.

I learned some tips though that have totally helped! Use full water!! If MMS recommends between 8-12 ounces of water, use 12. It will make a hell of a difference getting it into your mold. You have waaayyyy more time. Plus I stop cooking and start mixing fo's and stuff as soon as it hits the watery mashed potato stage. Basically as soon as it looks like applesauce I am doing tongue zap tests every fwe minutes. As soon as there isnt a zap, I have it off the heat. It makes it soo much easier to work with when it isnt overcooked.

After a few batches, I pretty much know when it is almost done.

Good luck! Happy soaping!

Once you get the hang of it, you can get surprisingly smooth tops. I only do HP and when I first started, my tops were hideous. After a lot of 'trial & error', not to mention reading through the boards, I've come up with a process that gives me very nice looking soaps. I do get the ocassional batch that wants to act up, but now, I find myself having to rough up the tops, just a bit, as my customers like that 'homemade' look.

Rena

Is there another method other than the tongue zap test, (not quite sure what that even is) I assume you are testing to see if the lye is cooked out.

Also, can this be poured into a wooden mold instead of individual molds? :D

I agree on the water thing, I always add the full amount too.

I don't know the times between the different stages, each time is different when it cooks for me. I don't do the zap test as I know mine cooks long enough, I tried the zap when it was cooking and it's to gross. :tongue2: You can pour into a wooden mold, I line mine with a plastic trash bag and just pour the soap in and then lift out the bag. I use to have some soaps with really rough tops but have since gotten them a little smoother. I slam the heck out of the soap when it's in the mold to get out air bubbles and stuff.

I have also never seen a batch go through all those stages. First few times I assumed I was doing it wrong, but it has always worked out so far.

I still get rough tops, but I like them. I think it looks kind of grubby.

Is there another method other than the tongue zap test, (not quite sure what that even is) I assume you are testing to see if the lye is cooked out.

Also, can this be poured into a wooden mold instead of individual molds? :D

I am so with you on the tongue to the soap. It just freaks me out and since I don't have the slightest idea of what putting a battery to your tongue feels like then I'm never quite sure if it's a zap or not:o

and yes you can pour it into wooden molds.

LOL I still look in the mirror when doing the zap test. I watch as my finger slllloooooooowwwwwllllllyyyyyy makes it way to my tongue. I chicken out like 5 times before I actually do it. lol Not that it is that bad Im just a chicken