How brown does Pink Sugar get in M&P?

Marilyna

I posted a similar question on another message board, and one of the members there swears by wholesalesuppliesplus vanilla neutralizer. She usese it with pink sugar from KY and she says she hasn't had any trouble with it turning her products brown. I haven't ordered it yet, but I plan to. I love pink sugar, but I hate the way it turns.

Don't mean to start something new here, but I have also noticed that it only turns some bases brown. I ordered lotion base from craftlobby, which is a waterbased product, and it stayed a pretty shade of pink, but then I used it in soy whip from KY and it turned a yucky brown.

Maybe somebody with more knowledge in chemistry than me can explain this.

I used pink sugar in SFIC m&p and what started out as a pretty light pink turned a very ugly, dirty looking brown.

I use it in WSP goat's milk & honey lotion and it doesn't affect it.

I bought some of the vanilla stabilizer from WSP, but it smelled so terribly awful in the bottle I didn't want to take the chance on pouring it in my soap. A few months after I opened it (but never used it) it had green funk growing in the bottom of the bottle. I tossed it and was glad I never used the stuff.

I see that the Chemistry Store has a "vanilla stable" clear m&p they are selling that takes up to 2% FO and isn't supposed to discolor the soap. Anyone tried that yet?

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! I strongly dislike brown soap, but my Vanilla soap that's brown sells okay.

I guess since it will probably turn MP brown, I might as well go ahead and do CP with it. Almost all my soaps are CP.

My experience with Peaks PS in M&P went from clear soap to BLACK soap in a matter of about 3 mths.

I'm not exaggerating either-I have pics. let me see if I can dig them up for ya. ;)

I have WSP's vanilla stabilizer-yep it stinks, but the scent does not come through in the soap at all. I have not tried it with the PS but have with OMH, buttercream frosting, and a straight vanilla, and I had NO color change (to this day-about 6 mths) whatsoever. ;)

I use WSP's vanilla neutralizer and LUV it ( I have used it in PS w/ good results). My nose is shot I guess as I smell nothing off w/ the neutralizer. I keep my extra bottle in the refrig, good thing I guess, but never had problems w/ it growing anything. Something for us that use it to keep our eye it for.

I've used Pink Sugar from Peaks on SFIC M&P and it didn't turn brown after two months the few bars I still had discolored a tiny bit.

I used Peaks Pink Sugar in SFIC M&P and mine DID turn brown pretty quickly. I made rubber ducky soaps for all the kiddos for Christmas and used a blue soap dye (so the ducky looked like he was in water). Don't know if the dye had anything to do with the soap turning brown ... I just figured it was the Pink Sugar. It's a shame because I LOVE the scent, just didn't like the brown tinges throughout the soap!