chunky....odd color for the FO

Lolas Lights

Made these last night. Made a couple of black pillars scented french vanilla, melted them down cuz left in the freezer to long and they cracked so made chunks out of them. The black bled into the uncolored wax, but thought it made an interesting gray. Yep I scented them french vanilla and thought I'd call them midnight vanilla.:rolleyes2

post-43-139458380941_thumb.jpg

post-43-139458380945_thumb.jpg

Thanks, I didn't think they looked that good, I just thought the colors came out cool looking. Gonna test and then if they do good gonna put the others up at the movie rental place that lets me display and sell my candles. If they don't sell I'll use them for myself, I love the vanilla smell. :cheesy2:

Wonder what they would look like crackled?

I've tried to crackle some of my chunks but it doesn't work for me. I dipped them in boiling water for about 20 seconds, then plunged them into a pail of ice and water but the only thing it did was make them smooth and shiny. I've tried it 3 or 4 times and it just didn't work. It may the 4625 wax I'm using or I'm just not doing something right. :sad2:

Edited to say: I just did a search on the board and 4625 won't crackle because it's a blended wax and is not brittle enough to crackle....Glad it's the wax and not me. Guess I'll have to try a wax that's not blended.

I like the way it looks like rocks. I am going to have to try it and "crackle" it too. I just can't leave well enough alone. Since I can't seem to make black layers yet, maybe black chunks in grey will have to do for a few days. LOL Donita