What is up with UPS/USPS!?

KristineG

For the last couple of months, I've been getting alot of packages. Today, it dawned on me that over the last couple of months, either the UPS driver or the USPS driver, rolls up to my house and lays on the horn. I, like an idiot who already pays outrageous shipping charges, drops everything and runs down the driveway to get the package. Keep in mind that I don't live in the country so I don't have a long driveway. It's just your ordinary average length driveway. I also realized today that over the last few months, I can hear the drivers beeping all over the neighborhood, my que to get ready for the run down the driveway. Well, today, a package arrived. The driver sat at the end of my driveway beeping the horn. I refused to go out. He finally brought the packages up to the house. Does anyone else go through this with UPS or USPS?

that's insane! Our UPS guy is awesome! Today I couldn't be right there, and he didn't see my end of day report, so even went over to the computer and was going to print it out for me (this is at our shop, not my house). USPS doesn't deliver to our house or shop since we're such a small town, so can't say what they would do. The ladies that work there are awesome though, I just don't use their service much.

Now Fed Ex is another story ... they can barely find our town ;)

That's unusual. My UPS driver brings small boxes to my porch, and the larger ones always to my garage doors. He's very nice and always rings the bell when he drops off my packages. If I'm outside he offers to bring them in my garage or inside my home. The Fedex lady is just as nice. Unfortunately our postman is not! He just drops off packages on my porch and doesn't bother to ring the bell....mind you he's old and grouchy. :D

I have a wonderful UPS lady, and bless her heart, had to deliver 11 BIG boxes in one day last week. I live in an apartment, so them laying on the horn simply isn't an option, thank goodness, but I can tell you that the driver would hear about it if they did.

USPS, well, I found out AFTER we moved in that they don't deliver packages here at all. There are no drop boxes. We luckily live next door to the post office, but it's still a pain to have to go wait in line. Especially since I usually have to take my kids with me. I figure if my kids terrorize the post office enough that maybe they'll change their minds and start delivering to me. :D

My FedEx driver is awesome though. I recently was able to bump up to daily pick up, and decided to go with them, rather than UPS (I always get these weird mystery charges when I do UPS online). When I was setting up our daily pick up time, we discovered he's in our area smack in the middle of my needing to pick up kids from school. So we struck up an awesome deal. If he's not here by 3:00, then he swings by on his way back to the station (goes out of his way to do this). Awesome customer service. Then he went a step above that. We're growing quickly, and have packages most every day, but I knew I'd feel bad if he went out of his way at the end of his route to pick something up, and I wasn't there. So he gave me his cell number, and I just call him if I don't have anything for him. How many people have their Drivers on speed dial! :laugh2:

You pay plenty for shipping services to be running down a driveway.

That is completely unacceptable. Do these people not realize they have a job to do? Wow, how rude. I'd call and both companies and let them know this.

I don't know about USPS, but whenever I have called UPS they couldn't do enough to make me happy.

I absolutely ADORE my USPS carrier.

He is a complete gem! His relief is the polar opposite. I had to run down the side of my house the other day to get his attention to pick up these butter boxes in the rain and I was fuming. He didn't even turn around. Therefore, I hopped in my car and chased him down. LOL.... I guarantee he won't do that ever again. I have a huge tote on the porch for incoming and outgoing packages. It's been there forever, clearly marked- and you can't miss it. So, there is no excuse for not picking up or dropping off, IMO.

It only dawned on me this morning that I've been doing this because as usual, the horn was beeping and I was in the middle of something. Tomorrow, I have packages coming UPS. I'm curious to see how long he sits at the end of the driveway and how many times he beeps. Driver training....that's what I'm going to do. Funny how they trained me though...lol

We live in the sticks (1/2 mile from main road). UPS comes back in the summer, when our driveway is good. This winter (since I started ordering a bit more), I have been having them delivered to my hubby's workplace. The shipping and receiving is in his building (until they move him back across the road in the next week or so), so it was easy for him to pick them up.

As far as USPS, they leave packages at the neighbor's. Which is okay because she is elderly and it gives me an excuse to visit for a few minutes. She gives the UPS guys heck for not wanting to come back to our house!

Steph

i've never had that problem i mean the first couple of times usps had to drop off at our house they would beep the horn to let us know they were there but i think thats because of the fact that we have two front doors and they were trying to figure out which one to use (my educated guess in that situation would be to use the one we put the porch on but whatever) with both ups and usps we ended up with a couple packages on the other landing but rarely ups and fed ex caught on pretty quickly to the whole porch thing

My UPS driver is SWEET! Every Christmas he helps my daughter in law hide my sons presents in their garage. *lol* Our USPS is another story, so I use my PO Box.

FEDX...every package EVER delivered to me, wasn't. They are always delivered to some other town I've never been to. Like 3 hours away from me. But last week, I actually had a FEDX man come out to where I live to deliver a package to me. I never got the package though. He saw me coming...then he saw 5 grown dogs and 8 puppies. He told his boss he was afraid of the dogs. Ummm...yeah....can we say 10 foot FENCES buddy??

And I was outside of the fence where the dogs were. I live wayyyy out in the country. I then had to drive 90 miles to go to the FEDX office to get my own package!!:mad:

Let's just say...it wasn't a pretty day for FEDX.

We live in the sticks (1/2 mile from main road). UPS comes back in the summer, when our driveway is good. This winter (since I started ordering a bit more), I have been having them delivered to my hubby's workplace. The shipping and receiving is in his building (until they move him back across the road in the next week or so), so it was easy for him to pick them up.

As far as USPS, they leave packages at the neighbor's. Which is okay because she is elderly and it gives me an excuse to visit for a few minutes. She gives the UPS guys heck for not wanting to come back to our house!

Steph

Is that really ONLY 1/2 a mile Steph?? :embarasse Seems much longer. LOL. I say I live in the sticks, Steph lives beyond the sticks!!!!

Glo

Ok here's the deal.... I have been with the post office for 23 yrs.

Your carrier will always try you. If they blow the horn and you go out

thats it yea boy they got ya. They figure you dont mind so they will continue to do so.

Keep in mind that they are paid to get out and deliver your packages. It is in their contract. It is their job. And if for any reason they blow and you dont go out and they drive away call the postmaster immediately and tell them that you will not put up with it and if they cant do something about it give you a number to call higher than them and you will handle it.

I love my UPS driver he is gorgeous. He is so cute!! He backs up in my driveway and is always bringing my packages up to the door. He will even bring them into the house. I have never had a problem with him or anyone else. I know I am married, but if I wasn't I would have packages delivered to me everyday.....:wink2:

Well, they came today. USPS in the morning, UPS later in the afternoon. They both beeped and I didn't budge. They finally brought the packages to the door. YAY....training them is under way! I laugh at myself now. I must have looked like a cartoon running down that driveway. I didn't want to hold them up from their busy schedule.

WOW...around 9 this morning, I hear a truck pull up to my driveway....out pops the FEDEX driver, runs up my driveway, yells "Good Morning. Fedex". PLACES the box at the door and off he went. This is the first time I've ever received a FedEx package here at the house. Now, that was great service and no training needed!

BTW, Lindsay (Soapers Workshop), it was from you! Thanks!

WOW...around 9 this morning, I hear a truck pull up to my driveway....out pops the FEDEX driver, runs up my driveway, yells "Good Morning. Fedex". PLACES the box at the door and off he went. This is the first time I've ever received a FedEx package here at the house. Now, that was great service and no training needed!

BTW, Lindsay (Soapers Workshop), it was from you! Thanks!

And that's why I've picked FedEx as my main carrier. I've only received superior service from them. Heck, I have a rep assigned to me, and she checks in with me once a week at least (lately it's been more often), to see how things are going, see if there's anything about their programs that I don't understand, need training on (seriously, they have people who will call and train you how to work the different parts of their programs, such as the international shipping), just general checking in on things. Now THAT'S Customer Service!

My FedEx driver remembers my name (since he does daily pick up), asks after my boys if they don't swarm him at the door (normal behavior for them). He even goes out of his way most days to pick up my boxes, because I'm doing after school car pooling when he's in my area. So he stops on his way back to the station. And what I think it's so cool, he gave me his cell number, so if I don't have anything, I just call him and tell him he doesn't have to worry about me that day.

So when UPS called me yesterday, trying to woo me over to them, it took everything in me not to laugh. I listened politely, said I'll probably offer UPS as an option when our website and shopping cart get fully integrated (we should be starting with HCM's new shopping cart system next week! :yay: ), but I'm still going to steer my customers towards FedEx, just because the keep coming up cheaper, no matter what UPS dangles in front of me.

Good for you! I haven't been able to train our fedex driver to bring the things into my house, but then most of my packages come by ups so it isn't a big deal.

I have a warehouse, occaisioanly packages are addresssed to my house, (figure that out) bill to and ship are totally different, so sometimes I get two ups drivers. I gave the main business guy a key, no longer do I have to worry about running to lunch if he hasn't been here. The house guy usually runs into the business guy and he comes back. It was a pain before, going home and finding packages on my porch, I just love my ups guys, but fedex is not so good here, they are always late late at night and I am not diriving back to get my packages. Mail lady honks, but as she can pull up to the door it is no big deal.

I take my packages to the small post office anyway, as they will scan them in and she won't.