Ugh,.. did something I did NOT like

heather_dw

A person called looking for me. She said that they got my number through city hall. They were looking for some weird dragon thing that blew smoke?? I knew where she meant and it was my direct candle nemesis! She has tons of tacky crap..lol

I told her that it must have been the competition that she saw at the fall festival and she said that she only saw the one booth, which meant that she didnt even see mine. Not sure how she would have missed it but thats another subject,..lol

I didnt want to give this lady the competition's number but the lady said she wanted the dragon for a birthday present. I mentally cringed and then looked up the number for her.

ugh.. I knew it would be bad karma if I pretended I could not find that number. Hopefully the universe will send me some good vibes..lol

Been there, done that. Some lady came into my store looking for another store in town that carries some of the same brand of items I do. She said she read a story about them in some collector's magazine or something and wondered where they were.

Usually, I'm very helpful to anyone who is looking for directions, or even other stores, but not this time. I new exactly which store she was talking about, and know exactly where it's located--less than 5 minutes from mine. But I decided not to send her to my competitor. She didn't even know the store's name, yet she recalled reading about it in the magazine and decided to just drive off into oblivion in her quest to find it.

I just played dumb and said I had no idea what store she was talking about. She acted real surprised because it was supposed to be a major distributor of some particular item (according to her). NOT!

She's still probably driving around trying to find them.

You were polite and did the right thing.You do not have the dragon and that was a specific thing she wanted.Who knows she may come back to you for something you do have.If she would have found out where it was and she found out you were not helpful it would not have looked good for you.

LynnS

You definately did the right thing. I also believe in what goes around, comes around. I have gone back to a store myself just because the people there were friendly and helpful. Even if the same item was cheaper somewhere else. It's just good business.

And Miracle on 34th Street is my absolute favorite Christmas movie! :yay:

the thing about "being nice because other chandlers are nice to you" doesn't really apply in this situation.

She constantly badmouths me and my products to anyone that will listen..

So even though it was really hard to send someone her way, I think it was the right thing to do :-)

She will get her come-uppance eventually I hope.